Jet Lag

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by LacesOut, Nov 11, 2018.

1. LacesOut

LacesOut

brutal

Anyone have any remedies that don’t involve drugs??

2. elderado

elderado

Yes. I don't care how completely stupid this sounds, but years ago it took me about 2 solid weeks to recover from jet lag and it got me thinking to never traveling again. Then, I met a couple in Copenhagen who swore by this, and have been using ever since. I cannot sleep on airplanes (although I've tried plenty of times) and now, I just bring these. Originally purchased at Whole Foods but you could probably find them anywhere. Don't leave home without them!

http://www.nojetlag.com/

And yes, the last trip was I think a 13 hour flight plus a layover in DC and I was mega-stressed because of an external matter. My friend traveling with me didn't have the same "belief" that I had in these dopey little pills but ended up without jetlag regardless.

I know, it sounds stupid. Whatever. Works for me!!!!

LacesOut likes this.
  3. LacesOut

LacesOut

Whenever I travel East I get fucked.
    Not the first night. I sleep so well because I am so tired. But the 2nd night is insanely bad.

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Here's the Amazon link for it:

5. LacesOut

LacesOut

Thx boys.
    Drank 6 big glasses of wine and took 2 Advil PMs and fell fast asleep.
    But woke up feeling like 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag....
    Might need to add water to that equation.

6. elderado

elderado

You're not supposed to pass out in the restroom on a plane. It really annoys the other passengers.

tommcginnis likes this.
  7. Sig

Sig

I don't know, it's so convenient after the 6 glasses of wine to be able to just do your business immediately upon waking up, at least the people you would otherwise have to crawl over might appreciate it!

I'll open up a rabbit hole for anyone who might want to investigate, there's a board similar to this called flyertalk.com but for frequent flier miles collectors. After a few months of a deep dive into their world you'll have enough frequent flier miles that you'll never have to fly economy again and your business class flights will probably be cheaper than you were paying for economy. The difference between international business and economy (or domestic "first" for that matter) is something you just can't grasp until you've experienced it and even if you have a hard time sleeping on a plane you'll have a much greater chance of dozing off if you're lying flat with no-one bumping you. I was recently able to fly from the east coast of the U.S. to Singapore, exactly 12 hours of time difference, do a week there, and back with virtually no jet lag because I slept for 10 solid hours each way. If you're afraid to fly it might not help, but for anyone else you just can't know how much it helps until you try it.

Other than that there aren't any magical cures in my experience. You absolutely have to fight off sleeping at inappropriate times (for the time zone you're in) the first 2-3 days, exorcise all references and thoughts to "the time back home", and if you can try to stay close to your original time, i.e. if you go to Spain from the U.S. you can get up late and eat dinner at 11 PM and may not be far from your original clock.

elderado and LacesOut like this.
  8. Visaria

Visaria

A homeopathic remedy. ..so just an expensive placebo. Nothing wrong in that.