Jesus was 'gay:' Elton John

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Banjo, Feb 20, 2010.

1. yes i would. the free will argument is a copout excuse for your gods inaction in the face of evil. do the victims get free will?

#21     Feb 20, 2010
  2. I don't think you understand.
    People sow and reap.

They are judged according to their own judgments.
    Much like gravity has rules.
    Much like a Chinese finger toy keeps one pointing at themselves.

Like the bronks guy above ... he's just letting off steam and having an emotional tantrum.
    Sure he's judging ... but likely isn't in his heart ...
    likely not towards God ... more likely towards religion. [Lots of very damaged alter boys out there.]

There are those who's evil is so selfish that it risks innocent lives ...
    those who serve and judge and produce those ills of society are
    at risk of reaping judgments of their own making
    and destruction.

#22     Feb 20, 2010
  3. My guess.
    Elton knows how controversial that statement will be.
    It puts him in the spotlight for awhile longer, nothing more.
    Too bad. I've been a fan since the 70's, terrible way to wind down a great career.

#23     Feb 20, 2010
  4. Yeah I have no idea WTF your talkin about.

I did spend the vast majority of my educational years in Catholic schools however, including college, and I think I have a very good understanding of the religion. I don't believe even a word of it or any other religion, nor do I believe in god, but what your implying (about EJ) is outright foolish and radical and ridiculous, according to everything any form of Christianity is about. I think u know that...

#24     Feb 20, 2010
  5. There is a difference. Judging directly just isn't right.

--- Elton formulated a judgment that isn't true.
    --- Elton spoke that judgment.
    --- In Elton speaking that judgment he is also judging others to hear and be effected by it. [For whatever motive]
    --- Those others may well be impressionable and make choices that could end up destroying their lives.
    --- Hence Elton's judgments were self serving and set to risk others well being.

This is where it gets critical. God is a loving father. He has established rules,
    among them is the law of sowing and reaping.
    Most people don't honor those rules of His order
    ... yet He in grace and love is merciful to still benefit people in hopes they grow and learn.
    If people are so selfish as to cause others destruction then
    God allows their judgments of their own making to come upon their own heads.
    Sometimes they reject and judge God ... and in honor of their free will He withdraws.

This is the place Elton is In now.

It isn't a judgment ... but recognizing the pattern of "What not to do."

Believe as you will ... and I get frustrated when judgment is foisted on others. This isn't where I was coming from.

God is a loving God ... but do things that mess with His Kids ... well ... at your own risk.

#25     Feb 20, 2010
  6. bronks

bronks

How convenient of you to pass judgement on me.
    Nice, now you're deciding for your god that I didn't mock him? ... and you know this, how?

#26     Feb 20, 2010
  7. More of a recognition of a behavior really.

I just don't feel you are really the mocker type ... sorry ... it is an opinion.

Perhaps I am wrong and you really have in your heart to be a mocker.

#27     Feb 20, 2010
  8. bronks

bronks

How do you know what Elton John said isn't true?

EVERYTHING THAT YOUR GOD DOES IS BASED UPON JUDGEMENT.

Deny what I just said... I dare you.

#28     Feb 20, 2010

9. My God is one. Agreement and jurisdiction in Him is one.
    There isn't a division of Judgment in Him ... but a unity of truth and love.
    So His judgments are for life out of love to serve and benefit those who love the truth.

Those who do not ... have free will not to ... but then aren't part of His Life, oneness and truth.

So yes ... God has righteous judgment ... He is God.

As far as Elton ... I don't require anyone to believe me ... but I said what is evident to me.

You are likewise free to express your opinion ...

The premise then comes down to "what is true."
    I say it is in no way true and therfore the judgments by Elton that I outlined have some accuracy.

If you say it is ... that is your opinion and perhaps belief.

Some things such as the gay lifestyle are so deadly to people ...
    it should be a no-brainer ... even without some spiritual opinion.

#29     Feb 20, 2010
  10. bronks

bronks

Elton John has brought more joy to this world via his music, than 99% of the population. Yes he is a fudgepacker... but because of this, and some verbiage that some won't agree with, is to damn him to Hell?

I cannot... and refuse to... succumb to this putrid way of thinking.

#30     Feb 20, 2010