jesus is god......lmao

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Gordon Gekko, Dec 24, 2003.

1. we are right;they are wrong :-/

#11     Dec 24, 2003
  2. i was just about to say that.:cool:

#12     Dec 24, 2003
  3. Pabst

Pabst

I officially declare you the biggest dildo on ET. Clearly.

#13     Dec 24, 2003
  4. wah wah i attacked your fake god.

please don't hurt my feelings.

#14     Dec 24, 2003
  5. BWAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!:p :p

#15     Dec 24, 2003
  6. read some jesus quotes from the bible and tell me he wasn't one of the craziest bastards you ever heard of.

"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him." - Jesus Christ

what a babbling fool.

#16     Dec 24, 2003
  7. reminds me of Monty Python's "Life of Brian" :p ever see it?? freaking hilarious! trying to evade law he becomes an unlikely messiah. freaking hilarious to see him up there on stone ledge competing with all other messiah wannbes. LOLOL :D :D

#17     Dec 24, 2003
  8. jem

jem

On christmas eve I thought I should make one thing clear. Jesus and his disciples did declare Jusus to be God. You have every right not to believe them. But the bible does state Jesus is divine.

One let us start off with the arguments for the trinity. It starts off on page one of the Old testament. God refers to himself in the plural. For more on this argument go to the Jews for Jesus website.

Two- In the old testament God refers to himself as I AM. So does Jesus.

There in Luke 4 Jesus says to the Jews in the temple as he reads Isaiah that he says Isaiah is being fulfilled. "The scripture has come true today before your very eyes." Luke 4-21.

Jesus said he was Messiah in many other ways. Here is the beginning of tons of cut and paste I could do.

in response to the above ....

I quote this from a website but I had a long debate with a priest about Jesus's claims of divinity. This priest had fallen for the garbage spewed by the Jesus movement. You may not believe the bible but there overwhelming evidence of Jesus and the new testament stating Jesus is divine. There is a massive amount amount ofmaterial about this on the web.

HIS DIVINITY
    In the scriptures Jesus is called 'The Word':
    John 1:14 says: And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the Glory of the only begotten of the Father...

In the following passages Jesus is declared to be the one who created all things:

John 1:1-3 says: In the beginning was the word(Jesus), and the word was with God(the Father), and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and
    without Him nothing was made that was made. He is also called (the light and the light created everything)

In John 5:17-18 we read : But Jesus answered them, "My Father has been working until now, and I have been working." Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said the God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

Notice that John does not say "Jesus said 'I am equal with the Father'" nor does John say "that is what the Jews thought he said or meant". John the writer of the gospel, is saying when Jesus said God was his father, everyone including Jesus the Jews and John himself Knew that Jesus meant He is equal to God the Father.

Exodus 3:13-14 says: Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your father's has sent me to you' and they shall say to me, 'What is his name?' what shall I say to them?" And God said to Moses, "I AM who I AM." And He said "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

By this we see that the God of Israel calls himself by the name "I AM." In old testament Hebrew, new testament Greek, and in English it is improper to say "I am" without an object. For example "I am hungry". So when Jesus uses the name "I AM" he is taking the divine name for Himself. Some translations like the King James Version and the New King James, add "He" to some of those verses, but when they do they usually italicize the word.

John 8:56-59 says: "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad." Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
    The Jews knew exactly what Jesus meant and tried to kill Him for it.

The same thing happened in John 10:30-33 "I(Jesus) and my Father are one." Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from my Father. For which of these good works do you stone me?" The Jews answered Him, saying, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a man, make Yourself God."
    And in John 8:24 Jesus gives us the warning: "Therefore I said you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM (he), you will die in your sins."

In Matthew 4:9-10 we read: And he(Satan) said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me." Then Jesus said to him "Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the LORD your God, and him only you shall serve."
    In this scripture Jesus says to Satan, who is a fallen angel, you worship only God.
    And yet in Hebrews 1:6 we read: But when he again brings the firstborn (Jesus) into the world, He says: "Let all the angels of God worship Him." This appears to be a contradiction, unless of course; Jesus, the Son, is God.
    It continues in Hebrews 1:8 saying: But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more then Your companions." So God the Father calls the Son, God.

In John 20:26-29 it says: And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!" Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at my hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into my side. Do not be unbelieving but believing." And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God." Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
    Jesus did not rebuke Thomas for saying He was God, but he accepted his worship.

In Philippians 2:5-6 it says: Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation taking on the form of a servant, and coming in the likeness of men.
    It was not wrong for Jesus to consider Himself equal to the Father, since he truly was. But he humbly emptied himself the glory of his divinity to become a man and die on the cross for the forgiveness of sins.

http://www.tektonics.org/iamwhatiam.html has a lot of information about this as well

#18     Dec 24, 2003
  9. "When I come to my own beliefs, I find myself quite unable to discern any purpose in the universe, and still more unable to wish to dis_cern one. Those who imagine that the course of cosmic evolution is slowly leading up to some consummation pleasing to the Creator, are logically committed (though they usually fail to realize this) to the view that the Creator is not omnipotent or, if He were omnipotent, He could decree the end without troubling about means. I do not myself perceive any consummation toward which the universe is tending. According to the physicists, energy will be gradually more evenly distributed and as it becomes more evenly distributed it will become more useless. Gradually everything that we find interesting or pleasant, such as life and light, will disappearso, at least, they assure us. The cosmos is like a theatre in which just once a play is performed, but, after the curtain falls, the theatre is left cold and empty until it sinks in ruins. I do not mean to assert with any positiveness that this is the case. That would be to assume more knowledge than we possess. I say only that it is what is probable on present evidence. I will not assert dogmatically that there is no cosmic purpose, but I will say that there is no shred of evidence in favor of there being one.

I will say further that, if there be a purpose and if this purpose is that of an Omnipotent Creator, then that Creator, so far from being loving and kind, as we are told, must be of a degree of wickedness scarcely conceivable. A man who commits a murder is considered to be a bad man. An Omnipotent Deity, if there be one, murders everybody. A man who willingly afflicted another with cancer would be considered a fiend. But the Creator, if He exists, afflicts many thousands every year with this dreadful disease. A man who, having the knowledge and power required to make his children good, chose instead to make them bad, would be viewed with execration. But God, if He exists, makes this choice in the case of very many of His children. The whole conception of an omnipotent God whom it is impious to criticize, could only have arisen under oriental despotisms where sovereigns, in spite of capricious cruelties, continued to enjoy the adulation of their slaves. It is the psychology appropriate to this outmoded political system which belatedly survives in orthodox theology."

makes perfect sense. :-/

#19     Dec 24, 2003
  10. Holier than thou mentality is not an exclusive quality of religious practice.

The atheists in this forum who preach their dogma are every bit as attached to their creed as are the religious.

#20     Dec 24, 2003