Jesus Christ (What Christians, Jews, and Muslims Say About Him)

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by riskfreetrading, Jan 9, 2009.

1. I want also to add that humans have understood that the explanations of the church are inconsistent. So at least one of the churches is wrong in its interpreation. That is one of the reasons why people have stopped going to church and praying (expect in Xmas as people like celebrations for their kids).

However, people have the intuition that there is a God out there. This world is too well designed to have come out of chance.

Creationist/darwinisms/other theories are just human fabrications sometimes with the intent to tell people there is no good. In my view it is today's form of old paganism, where one replaces a physical model of God in the old times, but a conceptual/theoretical model of God in today's time.

Here a test to any religion: the religious books must contain predictions that were not known in the past and which are known today to be true. Such predictions should be large in number so that an oldtime prophet could not have made such predictions randomly and accurately about future discoveries.

The devine does not make mistakes. So the message, in order for it to be true, must pass such tests. Also, inconsistencies internal or with respect to recent discoveries can easily narrow the field of correct faiths to a few or none.

#31     Jan 11, 2009
  2. The Arian Heresy live and well on ET! I thought you might be a gnostic, now I know. Paul did not live in the time of Jesus?? Are we talking about the same person here? Sual of Tarsus,Roman citizen who studied under Gamaliel?? The same one found all over the place in Acts of the Apostles? Mart rd the same day as Saint Perter?---You and I are not on the same page and I will leave it at that. This does not edify me anyway. Good night and and God bless.

#32     Jan 11, 2009
  3. stu

stu

The world is what would be expected from known circumstances. God is no more than an intuition for the unknown.

#33     Jan 11, 2009
  4. If I may be allowed a flippant remark:

Maybe 40 days and 40 nights on Venus, Mars or any other planet of your choice, without artificial means of survival, would give you a better understanding of the design inherent in our reality.

#34     Jan 11, 2009
  5. STU's conviction in his opinion comes from the strength he feels down in the hole in his lower back, and the amount of beer he downs from his upper hole/duct.

STU and his likes are nothing but garbage bags.

The prob that God exists is overwhelmingly high compared to the opposite hypothesis. It does not take a genius to realize that.

#35     Jan 11, 2009
  6. RFT, while I admire your passion for the subject, a clarification, if I may:

It took me a long time to confront my disobedience with the command "Love thy neighbor as thyself"........THAT is a hard thing to do, at first glance.

If one buys into the doctrine of creation, then we cannot escape the adjoining fact that we are all brothers. If we buy into the assumption that we were all created, then each of us...me, you, STU, Jeffrey Dahmer, all have the unique and great honor of being a representation of G-D's will that we "are" in His activity and will at this point in time. This demands respect, in my opinion.
    Certainly, this does not negate any cause and effect with blatant disobedience, but thankfully and mercifully, WE are not to judge. We are unworthy to judge.

It is my profound opinion, that to dishonor STU or any other, is to drive another nail in that cross, to add another lash on the back of the Messiah.

I am quite saddened when I read or hear antagonists say that the scripture story is one of hate and death....It is a message of a great and unending love, for us ALL.

Respectfully

#36     Jan 11, 2009
  7. which god? over the centuries man has concieved thousands of different gods. they were all wrong and somehow you are right? it does not take a genius to look at history and ask a few questions.

#37     Jan 11, 2009
  8. why would an educated person have to "buy into" the creation doctrine in this day and age? it is simple enough to look at the evidence and understand that the biblical account is from the mind of a primitive man. of course if you have a need to believe you are able to rationalize all the evidence away but intellectual honesty is important to some of us.

#38     Jan 11, 2009
  9. there is not an iota of real love in the bible. real love is kind and compassionate. the bible is a tale of domination and control. turn or burn.

#39     Jan 11, 2009
  10. "educated person"......Now that is a debate waiting to happen.
    Who will judge the matter ?
    You ? Me ? Pelosi ? Mickey Mouse ?

An example:

Let me name three people I believe all who are familiar with, would agree were "educated"

Hegel
    Kant
    Schleiermacher

"...Hegel saw Kant as philosophically wrong because he was not rational enough, by contrast, Schleiermacher saw Kant as wrong because he was too rational, thereby neglecting the felt aspect of humanity...."
    [ From "The Barth Lectures, Colin E. Gunton]

I keep reading the phrase "primitive man" in your remarks, please enlighten me with some examples of "modern [?] man" or an "educated" man.

Thank You

#40     Jan 11, 2009