Jesus Christ (What Christians, Jews, and Muslims Say About Him)

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by riskfreetrading, Jan 9, 2009.

1. The tOy gOd is "Grinch" for "Scrooges".
    The JoY GoD is "Christmas" for Christ's lost.

Have it your way.

Christ!

#21     Jan 10, 2009
  2. So the order and design witnesses to the "reality" of...?

How do you know its not a false witness? Are not the "guilty" framed by order and design?
    If "the universe" was a picture painted perfectly by order and design, who's or what's picture does it paint?
    Is "the universe" in "our image" or is it just a 'graven image'?
    Indeed, creation took place before Adam. So, who or what is this "Adam" character?
    It appears as though he was framed.

Christ!

#22     Jan 10, 2009
  3. What is the best answer when it comes to how the Bible came about?

The best answer is that the Bible is the word of God.

If it was the word of god there would not be the huge amount of conflicts within the text.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/index.htm

If you acknowledge the conflicts and yet still think it is the word of god than you must also acknowledge that humans could have changed the bible. If you can acknowledge that humans changed the bible than you can also acknowledge that humans might have formulated the bible.

The bible and religion as a whole is primitive.

During the time of the formation of religion people were dancing for rain and praying to animals.

Religion is not an opiate for the masses, it's an opiate for a primitive intellect.

#23     Jan 10, 2009
  4. Hello I Am,

I have read some of your remarks / posts, and I will say you have a very unique view of biblical subject matter !

Quite frankly, I am at a loss of how to respond to your question.

Please forgive me if I am way off base, but it is hard to ascertain where your positions originate as they do not seem to fit any biblical systematic scenarios that I am aware of. Are you saying that you have some special enlightenment ?

Creation is the bedrock of G-D's activity. If you are saying that the created reality we are present in is an illusion, then I have no basis to render an answer to your question.

Respectfully

#24     Jan 10, 2009

5. what seperates Jesus from Vhehn?

2000 years later no one will be telling tales of vheln

#25     Jan 10, 2009
  6. You would think that someone with the name "Fishbird" would know that the plural of fish, is fish.

#26     Jan 10, 2009
  7. ak15

ak15

Both 'fish' and 'fishes' can be used in the plural form.

"usage - When you are talking about more than one fish, the plural fish is more commonly used than fishes. ▪ We caught several fish. When you are talking about more than one kind or species of fish, both fishes and fish are used. ▪ varieties of tropical fish ▪ all the fishes of the sea." - Merriam-Webster's Dictionary.

#27     Jan 10, 2009
  8. Quote from Fishbird:

Jesus was just some weirdo of that time.

As opposed to you, who is normal? How many people follow your life example was it again? Was it more or less than Jesus?

There is no god and why would he send a human to tell us how to behave?

Then I am sure you will supply definitive proof that God does not exist, and how God is supposed to follow your ideas rather than what he might think?

Does he send a horse for horses and a fish for fishes?

Apparently, you think he sent you, who has no clue where he came from, where he is going, why he is here, what his purpose is, or even
    We can do what we want. Sin or be friendly, eat others or eat plants.

Then if someone shoots you in the leg, that is OK with you?

There are absolutely no rules other than what the current power tells you to do.

Funny, why don't you hold up a bank, and explain that to the judge?

Its survival of the fittest. You are dead, you get born, live, die and are dead again. Death is not bad, its nessessary to sort out the weak and let the strong carry on and reproduce. There is no sense in it though. Completely senseless and we reproduce only because of our instincts, morale and believes which are all products of evolution. Those who fell the urge for suicide when there is no reason to live or reproduce cant reproduce because they killed themselfes. We are a product who carry on living even though it is senseless.

Unfortunately, survival of the fittest didn't weed you out yet.

God is santa claus for adults. Nothing else.

You are a nightmare for logic

God started to exist when our brain evolved over a specific size.

When does your brain arrive?

Reading what you say makes someone realize that it was definitely a waste of time

#28     Jan 11, 2009
  9. To the OP riskfreetrading----I would appreciate it if you would not tell me as an Orthodox Christian that I think that Christ is one of the revelations of God. And then I see in an other thread that you say that Christ is one of the faces of God. I don't know about the Roman Catholics and Protestants, but, the Christian Church has a doctrine called the Trinity. The Trinity is the three "Persons" of God. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit(I just made the sign of the cross)---Now I know you don't believe in the Trinity...I get that..If you really want to know what the Greek Fathers of The Church thought about our Savior, please read On The Incarnation by Saint Athanasius. Peace.

#29     Jan 11, 2009
  10. When I wrote one of the faces of god, I was referring to Trinity. Using your formulation, I meant Jesus as "God the Son".

It is clear (to me at least) that the Trinity is a human invention that appeared after Jesus.

I have always had this question to anyone who believes in Trinity: "Where it is that Jesus claimed that he was a God, or Son of God"?

There are also chrisitians who start discussing things using Paul's writing to justify the claims.

However Paul never lived during Jesus's time. How could he claim to know what Jesus said or did not say? Some even consider him a prophet of God (may be they mean Prophet of Jesus and/or Jesus is God)?

Prophethood is a mission appointed to a person only by God (not be humans).

In relation to Jesus, I can tell you what I think if you want to know. In essence I think that Jesus is a human is related to God only by the mission that God assigned to him to spread the message. So he was a Prophet, but he was not divine.

#30     Jan 11, 2009