Jesus Christ (What Christians, Jews, and Muslims Say About Him)

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by riskfreetrading, Jan 9, 2009.

1. TZ: I would like to address this quote from your post:
    "What you call criminals, I call a tiny nation surrounded by others whose main interest is erasing them from the Earth. Islam has killed far more people and babies than Israel ever did."

The definition of a crime does not depend on numbers. It goes by single acts.

Your views are the reason why there has been wars.

I must say that your definition of a crime will be definitely be rejected by any true God. God judge the act done a person/animal/tree/etc. So you make a crime in face of God because you do not apply the meaning of a crime consistently to humans.

So your heart is not clean, because you apply one definition of crime to a person and another to a person from a group you feel you do not have affinity with.

#201     Jan 21, 2009
  2. Quote from riskfreetrading:

Assuming that this does not offend you, I think you did not understand the Quran or did not spend enough time to cover it. I read all of the sacred books (not all new testament books though).

I am not offended. And I have neither disrespect nor respect for the Qu'ran. It is one of a humongous collection of human-written holy books. I am not convinced by "writings" or "teachings". I am someone with a serious scientific, skeptical and logical background, who has been overwhelmed by the power of the Living God and the inability of unbelievers to grasp it, precisely as it has said. And a thousand other things I could not even begin to do justice to.

Let us consider what the Qu'ran said about the Bible:

TORAH - "We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers," (Sura 2:87).

PSALMS - "We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms," (4:163).
    GOSPEL - "It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong)," (3:3).

Also, "And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah," (5:46).

According to the Qu'ran, the Bible came from God. The concept that somehow, Jews and Christians flummoxed it is insane. Contrary to what Muslims claim, the Bible was NOT corrupted or changed, as the Qu'ran says that this is impossible:

"Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words (and decrees) of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (Sura 6:34).
    "The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the one who heareth and knoweth all," (6:115).
    "For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity," (10:64).

See? The Qu'ran says that the Bible was from God. And the Qu'ran also said it was IMPOSSIBLE for man to alter them. Q.E.D. The Muslims are saying that the Bible was THE Words from God and the Qu'ran says that the Muslims are wrong. Therfore the Qu'ran, once again, shatters the Islamic claim and introduces yet again, serious flaws in the whole Islamic belief system.

Could I ask you this then: in your understanding who is Allah as perceived by you, and also as you think is perceived by the Muslims?

Allah is a non-existent entity as imagined and distorted from the Bible by some residents near the Middle East perhaps in the 5th century, ascribing them as revelations to a possibly non-existent Mohammad. These people then went on a blitzkrieg in the Middle East, Saharan Africa and southern Europe until halted by the major domo of the Frankish empire, Charles Martel in the Battle of Tours, around the year 732 AD (100 years after the accepted death of Mohammad)

As a word what does Allah mean to you?

it is arabic for God

I will not insult you. As I said I am after the religion of God, and there can be only one true God.

I think that you hurt Muslims by telling them that what is in their head is not the God of Abraham. You cannot win them because they know that what is in their head is the God of Abraham.

It is not my job to "win" anybody or to to please man or muslim or to be politically correct. If the rest of the world went astray, then I still choose Him. Only God can illumine the heart of the blind. I am only a witness to what He has done, although my is unworthy of anything the Ancient of Days. If He wants my life, then I am ready to go. My "works" are certainly in no way deserving of anything from God. If it were not for His mercy, I would be without hope.

If Muslims came in faith to the God of Abraham according to His word, then they would be readily accepted. But they felt they had to rework what He had to say, re-ordering the son of promise from Isaac to Ishmael, removing Christ as Deity, changing many of the fundamental teachings of the Bible which was from God, and violating the end of Revelation, by adding/modifying scripture and Divinee teachings when it said clearly that this would bring condemnation on anyone who so did.

If you completely understood what I knew, you would never wander in the direction of Islam or "Allah" again. You would sell or give away all you had to possess it. But instead, you chose something to believe and are trying to figure out how to ensure that is was the right choice.

Regarding the Qu'ran, this was an interesting view (published on wikipedia) from the European scholar Gerd R. Puin who has studied and published some preliminary findings:

"My idea is that the Koran is a kind of cocktail of texts that were not all understood even at the time of Muhammad. Many of them may even be a hundred years older than Islam itself. Even within the Islamic traditions there is a huge body of contradictory information, including a significant Christian substrate; one can derive a whole Islamic anti-history from them if one wants. The Qur’an claims for itself that it is ‘mubeen,’ or clear, but if you look at it, you will notice that every fifth sentence or so simply doesn’t make sense. Many Muslims will tell you otherwise, of course, but the fact is that a fifth of the Qur’anic text is just incomprehensible. This is what has caused the traditional anxiety regarding translation. If the Qur’an is not comprehensible, if it can’t even be understood in Arabic, then it’s not translatable into any language

#202     Jan 21, 2009