jesus christ was insane or a liar

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Gordon Gekko, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Theists quote their scripture, you quote yours.

When confronted with the flaws in your own arguments and thoughts, you escape into the solace of your own belief systems and the words and thoughts of others.

Hmm, how "Christian" of you.

#11     Feb 22, 2004
  2. NO I DONT! :mad:

I think for myself after careful study & reflection.

#12     Feb 22, 2004
  3. good insight.. i couldn't agree more..

:)

#13     Feb 22, 2004
  4. You claim you think for yourself, yet consistently post links to the thoughts of others, and second the opinions of others.

That is thinking for yourself? You appear to always agree 100% with the ideology of others on certain topics. Your responses are predictable and lacking in critical thinking. You fail to counter arguments on your own behalf when your flawed thinking is brought to the table.

You sound more like Butthead agreeing with Beavis to me than an independent thinker.

#14     Feb 22, 2004
  5. i don't admit jesus, the man, existed. maybe he did....maybe he didn't. i don't know.....

#15     Feb 22, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, how can he be insane or a liar if you admit that you don't even know if he existed?

#16     Feb 22, 2004
  7. When I saw the headline, I immediately knew it was gordon gekko back with an atheistic vengeance to shoot down the theists. The kicker here is that roovenwood jumps in as his sidekick to back up his claims with more pyscho-babble.

So how many threads have we now managed to start concerning how incorrect theists are? What amazes me is how all of the atheists have glowing, irrefutable proof that god does not exist.

I was a really confused theist before gordon, longshot, roovenwood, et. al., convinced me that atheism is the sure bet.

Thanks guys. The other 500 threads you started didn't sink in, but this thread was the kicker that sent me over the edge into atheism.

I'm glad you guys helped to clear up my confusion.

#17     Feb 22, 2004
  8. to be clear.....

i'm saying, IF JESUS EXISTED, he was insane or a liar.

if he didn't exist, then the bible is still a bunch of bs, anyway.

and i'm right, too...

#18     Feb 22, 2004
  9. yes you're right. yep ..either way you nailed it bud !

#19     Feb 22, 2004
  10. Q: What kind of person make a public claim that "he is right."

A: Someone who cannot make an argument that does that job for him. The argument doesn't speak for itself, so he needs to speak for the argument.

If only claiming oneself to be right would make someone right.....

#20     Feb 22, 2004