Jesus Camp

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by hcour, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Sign me up! Don't forget, in order to make your religion credible, you'll need to have some kind of vision whereby a squirrel creature imparts some rodent-like life-wisdom to you. I suggest getting a stuffed squirrel toy and taking some magic mushrooms. The rest should take care of itself. The words uttered to you by the Squirrel creature should then be written down into a book (DVD?) of some sort, or better still have other people write for you. It might work even better if these early rodent disciples have only met you once or twice. Seeking out a few suggestive folks and using a bit of hypnosis should do the trick.

That makes me think, you may need to perform a few David Blaine magic tricks etc. such as street levitation, but this can be mastered without much problem. Make sure to claim your powers are thanks to your Squirrel God. Best to do these kinds of stunts in places where people don't have access to education or communications e.g TV, Radio, Internet etc. i.e. are a little naive and gullible...but make sure your witnesses are able to pass by word of mouth the magic that they saw. Chinese whispers are great. It's amazing how quickly some recounts of events can get exaggerated after just being passed through a couple of people. Before you know it, there will be tales of you floating 20 feet in the air. It's true, because a friend of a friend was there and saw the whole thing. Job done.

Squirrel Religion established, don't forget to add all the little hooks that are required to propogate the relgion to the masses moving forward. If you want to make your religion really successful, I suggest you adopt one/some of the more potent hooks used by other popular religions:

1) Teach the laws of squirrels to the young and impressionable - they'll believe anything adults tell them and subsequently pass it on to their own children. The growth of the religion will be exponential. Just requires breeding.
    2) Make sure to stress that if anyone doesn't follow the Book of Squirrel that something bad will happen to them in this life or the next. Better still, promise outrageous benefits for those that do believe! Like, eternal life in a Playboy mansion (for guys)...oh and something for the girls too.
    3) The Squirrel God must, in incredibly ambiguously terms, allude to the advocation and condoning of absolute destruction of all those who don't want to convert to the rodent-way. It has to be ambiguous so as to allow you to choose when and who to destroy at random as is convenient for the situation. You can thus have strategic alliances with other religions one day to destroy a common enemy and then the next day, you can decide to destroy your allies. The ambiguity also lends itself to different interpretations thus sewing the seeds for future spin-off religions which will allow access to a wider audience for the religion.

These are just some starter thoughts. I have faith that your Squirrel worshipping religion can be a great success as long as you don't try and re-invent the wheel too much.

Being the first person to sign-up, I think I should be a member of the Squirrel clergy. I think we should organize a membership fee for joining the religion whereby most of the proceeds should go to me. Wait a minute, why just a membership fee? Let's make it a recurring fee...but instead we'll call it a donation. We should put something in the Book of Squirrel that advocates donating money to the Squirrel church otherwise risking the wrath of the Squirrel God - you got told it in one of your visions didn't you? What do you think?

I'm open to further ideas on how we can set this up.

Yes, I'm really really really really bored :D

#21     Oct 10, 2006