Jesse Livermore's unknown psychology

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Oct 20, 2003.

1. In his family's album it is said :

http://jesselivermore.com/pics/pics_pg4.html
    "Livermore was subject to deep black depressions all his adult life, during success or failure. This photo was taken on November 26, 1940, two days before "The Great Bear" of Wall Street took his own life."

http://jesselivermore.com/pics/pics_pg9.html
    "Jesse Livermore and his wife Harriet on November 27, 1940, at the Stork Club, Livermore’s favorite night club. Looking distant, pale and wan, he would commit suicide the next day."

Conclusion: being rich doesn't prevent from being unhappy.

2. Such a cliche.

I give you reality:

They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fucking smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.

and

Anybody who tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fucking have any. -- Both quotes from movie Boiler Room

I wonder how unhappy the Hilton sisters are?

3. Covert,

So every person who has accumulated enough wealth to be considered 'rich' is in-turn happy???

4. oswald

oswald

Money is not the root of all evil... It is the love of money...

5. I can't think of one who is unhappy.
    Maybe they're out there, but who cares about them!

6. And how large is your sample of rich people that you are basing your assumptions on? I mean how many 'rich' people have you known intamately enough to truthfully induce whether or whether not they are truly happy? We all wear masks Covert, people in positions of great power and wealth most of all...

Wealth can bring comfort and 'security' (which is basicaly nothing more than a myth), but a fat wallet will not make a man free. Ironicaly many men that seek great wealth inorder to be 'free', die realizing that it was their cage -- and I don't think the universe, with her kene sense of humor and love for irony, would have it any other way...

BTW; How happy you think Kobe and his millionare wife are right now? If you truly believe that all she has to do is rub her 4mil rock to suddenly lose touch with the fact that the man she married may have savagely raped a young girl from behind, then you are in for a world of hurt in this game...

PEACE and good-specul8tion...

7. I gotta admit that the writer, director, and actor (Ben Affleck) did a superb job with his monologues. I usually skip to them on the DVD when I'm seeking inspiration. LOL! Rude and crude, but boy does it make an impression.

DNAJ65000

8. The should make a movie about Jesse Livermore, the real Gordon Gekko.

9. reg

reg

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are more unhappy poor people than there are unhappy rich people.:)

10. Only those who have everything and those who have nothing are truly happy. So there are probably more poor people who are happy.

#10     Oct 21, 2003