Jesse Livermore

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BDGBDG, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Ok its been fun jabbing at the kid, when he trades he will get his education. I was always told everyone is entitled to their own ignorance. So lets get back on the topic at hand, and possibly summarize what people have learned and not learned from the book.

I learned to enter positions during pause periods of stabilization, and to not let monetary success rule your outlook on life.

#41     Jan 23, 2006
  2. volente_00

volente_00

Lots of hidden messages in the book.

Such as

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Making money is easy in the market, keeping it is the hard part.

Losers make the same mistakes over and over.

No matter how small or how big of a trader you are, you will always blow out if you do not listen to what the market is saying.

#42     Jan 23, 2006
  3. Because he was a somebody and you are a nobody :)
    How many millions have you made? Your arrogance could only come from a very stupid person. 30 minute after you are dead and buried you'll be all forgotten and likely leave no mark whatsoever yet Livermore is being discussed at length here...amazing ain't it?

#43     Jan 23, 2006
  4. What a waste of megs.

Jesse Livermore was the Greatest Trader Ever. Period!!

He was a pioneer in so many areas, that that alone puts him up there.

The 100 million he made in the crash of 1929 is more than 11 billion in todays dollars to put it in prospective.

Nice calculator http://eh.net/hmit/compare/

He says in "Trading like Jesse Livermore" that the only time he lost money was when he didn't follow his own rules.

I'm sure you follow your own rules all the time, right?

#44     Jan 23, 2006
  5. hans37

hans37

I'm not an expert on jesse but what I do know was that I liked him. He was and is the world's greatest trader in my view.

However the greeks would have called him a tragic hero, perfection tainted by human nature.

I respect him but I sure as heck would not want to emulate him, it's just not my style.

Maybe one day I too will be soo successful that it messes me over too!

#45     Jan 23, 2006
  6. syrre

syrre

I think implementing good money management is a key factor to become a successful trader.
    I am not saying Livermore was not a great trader tho.

#46     Jan 23, 2006
  7. syrre

syrre

:D
    Rule 1: Always follow the rules.
    Rule 2: Never break rule 1.
    :)

#47     Jan 23, 2006
  8. zdreg

zdreg

"those who can do. those who can't teach." hemmingway

perfect example:)

#48     Jan 23, 2006
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

So you mean never. There ARE already 3 Market Wizard books, I hate to tell you. I don't think you are in it....

Your ignorance is showing. So you read a bad biography about him? Why don't you read a good one???? :confused:

#49     Jan 23, 2006
  10. hcour

hcour Guest

The Japanese invented candlestick charts in like, the 17th century. That would be the first TA on record that I know of. But yeah, JL was cool, and a great technician of his time. But there were others during that period, like Richard Wyckoff and Humphrey Neill.

H

#50     Jan 23, 2006