Jesse Livermore suicide

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kingfisher3210, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Bry

Bry

Awesome. Thanks.

#21     Dec 17, 2012
  2. EON Kid

EON Kid

two sons Jesse Jr. and Paul.

#22     Dec 19, 2012
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

For the OP, here is a longer thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=62654&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

I forgot the details so I looked it up. Jesse Jr. was to go on trial for an attempted murder of a policeman and if found guilty (he was drunk) that meant life in prison. So let's add that to being an alcoholic. He was 57, again, not very young for suicide...

I don't recall reading about Paul's suicede...According to Geni, he died in Vegas at age 74... That is not a bad age to die....

Here are the details of the end:

http://books.google.com/books?id=zW...BA#v=onepage&q=paul livermore suicide&f=false

#23     Dec 19, 2012
  4. southall

southall

According to wikipedia, Jesse Snr the grandfather, Jesse Jr. his son, and Jesse III (grandchild) all committed suicide:

Jesse Jr. married Toni Lanier(Camille Bernice Froomess) in 1937, divorced shortly thereafter. Went onto marry Evelyn Bletzer Sullivan. One son, Jesse III was born in 1939. Divorced Evelyn. Married third wife, Patricia. Jesse Jr. committed suicide with natural gas February 20, 1976. His only son, Jesse III married Marsha Hawkins in 1964. Had two children David 1969 and Tracey 1973. Jesse III divorced Marsha. Married his second wife Karen, divorced. Third wife Carol. Jesse III committed suicide by natural gas on February 26, 2006. Jesse III son, David is currently married with 3 daughters and one son. Jesse III's daughter is also currently married with one daughter. All three Jesses have taken their lives.

Lets hope David, who is JL's great grandchild, and his son dont go the same way.

#24     Dec 19, 2012

5. i met with that richard smitten guy-- he is quite the character!

surf

#25     Dec 19, 2012
  6. What's your Plan B if this trading thing doesn't work out?

Jesse had one.

Do you?

#26     Dec 19, 2012
    ValeryN likes this.
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

#27     Dec 19, 2012
  8. Visaria

Visaria

Jesse Livermore - Boy Plunger: The Man Who Sold America Short in 1929
    Book by Tom Rubython

I read this book recently...sets the record straight, fascinating, very much recommended.

#28     Nov 21, 2016
    Zr1Trader likes this.

9. good luck to all great trat traders

nowadays it is diabetes , heart attack , obesity

here is modern livermore

liver for the alcohol

Clipboard01.jpg

#29     Nov 21, 2016
  10. southall

southall

Never met an overweight computer programmer in the 20 years i was one.

And only ever met 1 overweight trader in the last 10 years.

#30     Nov 21, 2016