Jesse Livermore predicted today's markets 80 years ago

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MohdSalleh, Mar 17, 2010.

1. southall

southall

no, volatility means big fluctuations.

volatile - explosive: liable to lead to sudden change or violence

#11     Mar 17, 2010
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

For some reason, though, he's gone down in history as a stock trader. Gann is better known for commodities.

#12     Mar 17, 2010
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Back to 2007 mentality, at least there were 10 Million+ more employed then and no one knew what a foreclosure was. I guess the catalyst now is nothing but worthless dollars and plenty of stimulus. Asset bubbles are growing left and right and in 5-10 years when the next crisis touches down people will rewind all the way back to 2009-2012 and realize what they did to fight the next depression never worked, everyone believes its working now due to the "v" shaped recovery but it will end the same way it always ends.

#13     Mar 17, 2010
  4. Thanks. You are right to point out the cotton. I did read the book. I was trying to point out to the others that he speculated in almost anything. That’s why I added futures and commodities to their list.

#14     Mar 17, 2010
  5. Of course the same things happen in all speculative markets. The message of the tape is the same. That will be perfectly plain to anyone who will take the trouble to think. He will find if he asks himself questions and considers conditions, that the answers will supply themselves directly. But people never take the trouble to ask questions, leave alone seeking answers. The average American is from Missouri everywhere and at all times except when he goes to the brokers' offices and looks at the tape, whether it is stocks or commodities. The one game of all games that really requires study before making a play is the one he goes into without his usual highly intelligent preliminary and precautionary doubts. He will risk half his fortune in the stock market with less reflection than he devotes to the selection of a medium-priced automobile. … (Chapter X pg 100)

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

#15     Mar 17, 2010
  6. Very interesting times. Rural land in foreign countries with stockpiles. Hmmmmmm not a bad idea. Best to have multiple seacoast properties protected by walls and tides and then you can always escape to another and rotate. That's how the Northern European Coastal Tribes were able to withstand Roman conquest.

#16     Mar 17, 2010