Jesse Livermore predicted today's markets 80 years ago

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MohdSalleh, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ".. And that wasn't the worst thing about it. It was after that there was practically no opportunity for me to make big money. The market flattened out. Things drifted from bad to worse. I not only lost all i had but got into debt again-more heavily than ever. Those were long lean years, 1911,1912,1913 and 1914. There was NO money to be made. The opportunity simply wasn't there and so i was worse off than ever."

p.169-Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesse said to go work at macdonalds's for 4 years and come back.

2. southall

southall

stock market might be shit these days.

still the fx markets are still pretty active.. am sure if jesse was around today he would be a big fx trader too.

3. Are you kidding, if you think this is a tight market sit back and watch.....it can get 1000X worse.

4. beware my friends...shit can last for a very very LONG time....:eek:

5. hopefully it does, it is impossible to lose lots of money in this market- which in effect means it is free money for all as long as it lasts.

6. southall

southall

you are actually a good contrarian indicator... based on your posts, i predict that April through to the end of the year will be a much more volatile period..

7. He would probably also be a big futures and commodities speculator.

8. So..... you're saying, "the market will fluctuate"?.

That's fresh.... and bold. How did you come up with that?

9. seaker

seaker

Actually, he was a big commodities trader..."King of Cotton" at one time. You should read the book, a lot of good insight.

10. what are you guys talking about? have you seen the grinding it out journal?

#10     Mar 17, 2010