Jesse Livermore - Market Key

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pjones2012, Dec 18, 2008.

1. total classic.

Also, it's absurb to try to systematize a livermore method. The whole point of what he has to offer from a learning standpoint is the subtle intuitive kind of observations. He may have postured himself as having a system of sorts. But anyone who's read, and re-read (and re-re-read) Reminiscences, should have a firm sense that his successes were a result of adjustments on the fly and a killer instinct when he reached a key threshold of intuitive conviction.

Just appreciate the little insights and the subtleties.

(also, he committed suicide as a matter of historical record. But his wife at the time was married 5 previous times. As I understand it, in every case, the marriage ended b/c her husband committed suicide...draw your own conclusions).

#81     Sep 15, 2009
  2. Tide31

Tide31

We live in a different world, but if it were 1925 Jesse Livermore would be long this market big time with FedEx doubling their earnings projections the other day. He loved to follow rails, transports and shipping for 'tips'. Would have worked well so far since they updated forecast.

#82     Sep 15, 2009
    murray t turtle likes this.

3. Highs & Lows are all that really matter in the end.

#83     Sep 15, 2009
  4. Lucjs

Lucjs

Hello,

I tried to understand the Market Key; it seems that some references to the rules are wrong, or am I missing something?
    Chart one : "On April 2nd prices began to be recorded in Natural Rally column. Refer to Explanatory Rule 6-B." Is it not rule 6-C?
    Chart Two : "On May 27th... Rule 6-C." Is it not rule 6-E?
    "On June 10th... Rule 6-E."; is it not rule 6-G?
    ... and so on...

If somebody can check it or explain, thank you.

#84     Oct 18, 2010
  5. it sure is if you have a quick exit plan when the trade doesn't go your way and take a little more on your winners. A big part of trading in my opinion is not just spotting good trades but handling the trades and handling money.

http://forexindicators-metrader.blogspot.com/

#85     Oct 18, 2010
  6. pspr

pspr

Besides your parabolic SAR what are the other indicators on your charts?
    Thanks!

#86     Oct 18, 2010
  7. Any backtest result?

#87     Mar 27, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. %%
    Most likely since its 9 + years he will not tell much about PSAR;
    it is a bit slow,but I like it anyway=reminds me to take profits every now + then...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

#88     Mar 27, 2020
    luckyfnlou likes this.
  9. The Close

#89     May 27, 2020
  10. Yeah I can relate to that problem, I think he did that intentionally. It's like a DaVinci code or some sort. We have to break it.

#90     May 27, 2020