Jesse Livermore Book...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bigscalper, Sep 4, 2002.

1. BruceF

BruceF

I thought the Smitten book was just a reprint of the original? Or are you looking for a first edition?

You might want to contact www.fraserbooks.com They used to have a used trading book service.

#11     Sep 4, 2002
  2. bigscalper

bigscalper Guest

apparently the smitten book is a little different and not as good. Thanks for site, it didn't have that book but could be useful in the future.

#12     Sep 5, 2002
  3. BruceF

BruceF

You should shoot them an e-mail. I don't think they list their collection of older books on their site.

#13     Sep 5, 2002
  4. Hendrix

Hendrix

You could try searching Project Gutenburg (just type those two words in a search engine). I would post a link, but the one I used to use no longer works.
    Gutenburg publishes texts on the web on which the copyrights have expired. I'm not sure how long a book copyright lasts, but if it is less than 60 years, there is a chance you could find it here.

I downloaded a few very old market/trading books a few years ago, but not, as I can recall, the one you are looking for.

Sorry, dashing off now, or I would go and see if I could find it for you myself. You'll have a bit of fun having a wander around the site anyway......

#14     Sep 5, 2002
  5. copyright lasts 100 years I think.

I have all three books but not on PDF

The Smitten book is a biography. Its interesting but you won't learn much from it.

Reminisences actually has more useful trading info than 'How to trade in stocks'. Lesse wrote it when he was broke, and I think his heart wasn't in it. He decribes his tape reading technique, but it just leaves you feeling like the guy was a complete freak. Just a born natural. No charts, nothing, just the tape. Awesome ability.

But don't expect to find his secret. If he had one, its hidden in 1000 classic lines from Reminicences.

Runningbear

#15     Sep 5, 2002
  6. What books will I find in Project Gutenberg?
    We cannot publish any texts still in copyright. This generally means that our texts are taken from books published pre-1923. (It's more complicated than that, as our Copyright Page explains, but 1923 is a good first rule-of-thumb for the U.S.A.)

So you won't find the latest bestsellers or modern computer books here. You will find the classic books from the start of this century and previous centuries, from authors like Shakespeare, Poe, Dante, as well as well-loved favorites like the Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the Tarzan and Mars books of Edgar Rice Burroughs, Alice's adventures in Wonderland as told by Lewis Carroll, and thousands of others.

#16     Sep 5, 2002
  7. gaj

gaj

fraserbooks has reprinted it. if you're interested in the book, i'd suggest purchasing it from them directly; i think it's about $10, and they've got lots of other worthwhile books they've reprinted.

personally, i thought the how to trade in stocks book wasn't very good, but that's just my opinion.

#18     Sep 5, 2002
  8. bigscalper

bigscalper Guest

I called Fraser and they don't carry any Livermore books.

#19     Sep 5, 2002
  9. gaj

gaj

i apologize then; i thought i purchased all my reprint books from them...

i just went looking through all my 'usual' outlets for the book, and i can't find it *anywhere*. i see the addition you're talking about with smitten, but i used to have a different one (i believe what you mentioned), and it was in a small paperback edition, with areas for you to write in prices, volume, etc.

#20     Sep 5, 2002