Jesse Jackson: Black investment banks not getting Blackstone IPO action

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a529612, Jun 21, 2007.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

It depends on the individual family. If you were to look at the perceived culture as portrayed by the media, then the answer would be no. But there are always examples/counterexamples.

#51     Jun 26, 2007
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

Sorry I have no experience with Chicago just as you have no experience for where I live. So for you to generalize is silly, right? I admit I have no experience with your observations, you can certainly admit to having no experience with mine.

I don't know the percentage where generalizations can be touted as encompassing. It is a tough question.

#52     Jun 26, 2007
  3. Granted, every persons observations and opinions are limited to personal experience. It's difficult to discuss race without generalizing. Do I think every black person is a lazy, shiftless bum? No! Does the behavior of the population I have experience with have an impact on my views? Yes! I don't see how it couldn't.

#53     Jun 26, 2007
  4. zdreg

zdreg

#54     Jun 26, 2007
  5. "I don't know the percentage where generalizations can be touted as encompassing. It is a tough question."

Suppose we apply the Pareto Principle. 20% of the black stereotypes apply to 80% of the black population. (Madison Avenue would begin here to advertise to a demographic) The problem becomes which 20 and which 80, Jackson, Sharpton, et. al. have their list and we have ours.

#55     Jun 26, 2007
  6. sprstpd

sprstpd

Wouldn't it be 80% of the stereotypes apply to 20% of the population?

I am not defending Jackson or Sharpton, and Pabst has a legitimate point about Jackson's protest. However, he doesn't need to say one race is comprised of gun toting killers to make his point.

#56     Jun 26, 2007
  7. An all too typical day in Chicago. Read the story about two innocent kids gunned down by gang drive bys.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5422390

I just wathed Da' Maya' talk about how the "parents' of these punk thugs need to get involved, which brings me back to my original point....lack of parenting in the black community is the source of the problem. These f'n thugs don't have parents. Dad is long gone and mom probably isn't even 25.
    Where the fuck are Jesse and Al? Now you can bet your last buck if the cops should be so lucky as to bust the punks who did this, and if the punks happened to "fall down" on the way to the station, Jesse and Al would show up talking about civil rights violations AND the black community would support them. THAT is the f'n problem.
    These punks have no civil rights! No constitutional rights! No rights to be treated as a human being at all. They forfeit those rights the second they engage is their punk ass behavior. What they deserve is to be beat to death with a tire iron. Until black leaders stand up and say just that, in no uncertain terms, the black community shall continue to self destruct. PERIOD!

#57     Jun 26, 2007
  8. CO

The grandmother is the head of the household of many families.

A troubling concern is the average age of the African American grandmother is getting younger and younger.

#58     Jun 26, 2007
  9. sprstpd

Re; the PP, I suppose a good arguement could be made with either ratio in spite of my having it backwards.

#59     Jun 26, 2007
  10. not getting any of the BX Ipo may end of being a good thing.

#60     Jun 27, 2007