Jesse Jackson: Black investment banks not getting Blackstone IPO action

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a529612, Jun 21, 2007.

1. guns do not go off by themselves in 99.99% of cases, someone has to pull the trigger

#31     Jun 25, 2007
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

Probably a true statement. But your implication that one race is pulling the trigger is ignorant.

#32     Jun 25, 2007
  3. Jesse misses the mark...again. The problem in the black community isn't investment banking. The problem isn't guns, assorted crime, lack of education, or even poverty. Yep, you read that right. The problem is, todays grandmother in the black community isn't even 30 years old, and dear old dad is a ghost. Should they show even a elementary sense of responsibility in their breeding practices, many of their problems would vanish.

#33     Jun 25, 2007
  4. The US government and its' policies are in large part to blame for that. who gets the most $$? single mom with multiple kids, the welfare system is begging to be abused..

#34     Jun 25, 2007
  5. I'll give you an even more perverse example.

In Chicago (where this protest is centered and where Jackson's son is a U.S. Congressman) there are typically 500-600 murders a year. Around a dozen of those are committed by non-Hispanic whites.

So while Chicago has led the U.S. in homicides twice this decade (despite NYC having 2.5x Chi's population) the incidence of homicide among Chicago whites is on par with Toronto or Munich.

#35     Jun 25, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

cope hit the nail on the head.....Mo Kids Mo Money....and guess what? i wager that the kids dont see one dime of that...

#36     Jun 25, 2007
  7. It all comes down to education not the color of your skin. The best thing that would bring the black community up to par with whites is give them free college education for 10years . I guarentee in 10 years crime in the inner cities woul drop by 80% . That would be repayment for the years of slavery and opression. Come on America owes the african american for all those years of free labour and oppression . I think free education for the next 10 years would be pay back .

#37     Jun 25, 2007
  8. Yes, the government has exacerbated the problem by continuing to reward this behavior, but it's the plantation mentality of the black community that is the root of the problem. Guess they don't wanna' be free after all.

#38     Jun 25, 2007
  9. Wrong! In many cases they already have the opportunity to take advantage of "free education". They won't show up. I worked as a Admissions Rep during the late 90's. I can't tell you how many minority students I saw blow a free ride. Bottomline, anything that's free will be taken for granted and eventually dismissed.

#39     Jun 25, 2007
  10. sprstpd

sprstpd

Idiot.

#40     Jun 25, 2007