Jeff's Trade Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by NDJeff02, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Long ES at 857.00

*edit* - covered at 857.50, was looking for it to get to 860 but it really looks to be running out of steam.

#51     Jan 29, 2009
  2. More issues with Firefox yesterday so I couldn't post anymore, not really sure what's been the problem with that lately. Yesterday I just chopped right around breakeven for the day after I did a couple more trades but I'm back at it today.

#52     Jan 30, 2009
  3. First trade today, although I missed quite a few good ones already on that ride down. I'm long ES at 829.75.

*edit* - cover at 832.00

#53     Jan 30, 2009
  4. Short ES here at 827.00

*edit* - Stopped out at 829

#54     Jan 30, 2009
  5. Pretty slow and methodical retrace here, I jumped the gun a little bit on that short trade. I'm keeping a close eye for the break since I don't want to miss this one.

*edit* - So much for that. Right when it started to break I put my order in at 829 and never got the fill.

#55     Jan 30, 2009
  6. Time to cut out for the day, way too many distractions around here today and I'm looking forward to taking the weekend and getting ready for a new month! Basically just flat for the day on a couple of trades.

#56     Jan 30, 2009
  7. There seems to be some problems with ET this morning since I was trying to post a trade but kept getting a database error.

I just closed the first trade of the day, I was short ES from 819.25 and just covered at 816.00

#57     Feb 2, 2009
  8. More issues with Firefox for me yesterday so I couldn't make anymore posts, I'm going to see if I need an update or something today when I get a chance.

#58     Feb 3, 2009
  9. First trade today, short ES at 823.50

*edit* - that was quick, covered at 820.50

#59     Feb 3, 2009
  10. Interesting price action from about lunchtime on until now. I had switched from looking for shorts to looking for long trades right around 12:30 but the long side didn't seem to go anywhere (neither did the short side). It felt like price was just coiling itself up to make a big move in either direction and price action at the time said that the long side was the right play.
    Finally on that last retrace off of the 827.25 swing high I had a chance to buy in at 823.50. I had my order in and as it was about to get filled I canceled for really no reason. It was a low risk/high reward trade too, with the stop just over a point and I was looking for 828.
    I am still gaining confidence in my ability to read the price action and trying not to get frustrated when I read it correctly and then fail to act on it. I need to just trust all my analysis, take the trades and see how my trading ends up at the end of the day. Right now I'm taking one or two good trades all day and not all of them. The only good thing is that I'm not taking any bad trades anymore and definitely not over-trading, if anything I'm under-trading.

#60     Feb 3, 2009