Jeff's Trade Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by NDJeff02, Jan 23, 2009.

1. A few seconds late on this post but long ES at 839.25

*edit* - Cover at 841.00, a little gun-shy after this morning

#31     Jan 27, 2009
  2. Thanks geez, now if only I had taken better advantage of that intuition!

#32     Jan 27, 2009
  3. On that last long trade that I closed out early I am looking for ES to trade up to at least 846. So far my targets haven't worked very well today as we enter uber-chop.

#33     Jan 27, 2009
  4. There is that 846 that I was looking for and I'm actually thinking it can go as high as close to 850.

Once again I'll chalk it up to a good lesson learned. I had a couple losing trades this morning and it changed my mentality a little bit to where I just wanted to put a winner in the books. I had the correct analysis and correct entry but I did not have the discipline to see the trade through.

#34     Jan 27, 2009
  5. Taking a short in the ES at 842.75

*edit* - stopped out at 844.75, just taking tiny losses all day here in a sloppy market.

#35     Jan 27, 2009
  6. No recap at the end of the day yesterday because I had issues with Firefox and then I had to leave the desk a little early.

Going over my trades from yesterday it seems like I got caught in over-analyzing the market. When I don't see things clearly it's best to go out to one higher time-frame and get a little clearer point of view. When I focus on the short term chart too much sometimes it will cause confusion.

I'm looking forward to focusing today and having a better day.

#36     Jan 28, 2009
  7. geez

geez

#37     Jan 28, 2009
  8. First trade of the day I got long ES at 858.75 and I covered at 861.50, I didn't have time to post it in real-time since it was at the opening of the day and things were a little hectic.

I got long when it looked like the sellers were drying up and with the big gap up I figured we would at least give the Globex highs a test.

#38     Jan 28, 2009
  9. Really not much out there so far today, the entire breakout move was stolen in the after-hours. Also with the FOMC we've just been grinding in a tight range. Unless an obvious trade presents itself then I'm waiting to do anything until after 2:15.

#39     Jan 28, 2009
  10. Putting on my first post FOMC trade, short ES at 868.00

*edit* - covering at 866.75, feels like we're just trading down now to test the top of the AM range and maybe make a run to new highs.

#40     Jan 28, 2009