Jeffrey Cooper at Minyanville makes a bold call

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by michaelscott, Jul 17, 2007.

1. http://www.minyanville.com/articles/s&p-necktie-djia-price-breakout/index/a/13372/from/yahoo

This is exactly how I have been thinking. Im very bearish on the $SPX. However, just the $SPX and not neccasarily the entire market.

In 2000, if you had been involved in trading stocks listed in the Russell 2000 Value Index then you would have come out just fine. In fact, you would have lost no money. It was the Growth indexes that were the big problem.

We have reached a new peak in the $SPX and things in the market do tend to repeat themselves with a new twist, a new turn. I believe this time value stocks will be the ones that will fall and a lot of value is in the $SPX. The $NDX and other growthy indexes will be just fine. As long as the Euro stays strong, then the DJIA will rise.

I dont see the $SPX going past the 1550-1600 range.

Growth will be the winners on this next pullback and I expect them to surge. The $RUO just broke up over its top and I see about 250 points up to go on that index.

However...the $RUJ is not making new highs and appears to be breaking down.

RUO=Russell 2000 Growth breakout in the making now
    RUJ= Russell 2000 Value sputtering and making new lows, correction coming sooonnnnn....

As I type this, the SPX dog is positive, but the NDX horse is outrunning the dog. As I expected no surprise.

2. ...Six squares of 360-degrees are significant. 360-degrees is a full cycle, while a true square, or cube, has six sides. Consequently six squares of 360-degrees represents a philosophical squaring of the circle.

In the same vein, a 540-degree “culmination move” up from the June 2006 of 1219 equates to 1594. 540-degrees has played out its culmination moves many times in history as six squares of 90-degrees equals 540-degrees...

My thoughts exactly!
    :p

3. Yup, just ran the numbers and it all works out on Mars. :p

4. You have been calling the market lower for weeks and itjust keeps going up are you THE contrary indicator?

5. S2007S

S2007S

mike im telling you make a more bullish call and just maybe the markets will give up 5%.

6. ...Six squares of 360-degrees are significant. 360-degrees is a full cycle, while a true square, or cube, has six sides. Consequently six squares of 360-degrees represents a philosophical squaring of the circle.

In the same vein, a 540-degree “culmination move” up from the June 2006 of 1219 equates to 1594. 540-degrees has played out its culmination moves many times in history as six squares of 90-degrees equals 540-degrees...

Total nonsense.

7. What a, gulp, SQUARE!!!

No wonder you are losing your ass Mike...you listen to guys like this...what a bold prediction...

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA...

8. Some of Cooper's numerology stuff sounds absurd, but he called the 2000 top. For my money, he is one of the best market analysts around, numerology aside.

9. I never understand how people make a whole career out of one good call...especially when it's their job to make calls all the time (Ex--Elaine Garzarelli's '87 crash call)

The 2000 top was 7+ years ago....has Cooper done anything since then (asking, not flaming).

10. isn't that the astrology guy?

#10     Jul 17, 2007