Jeff R.'s Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by rogersjeff7, May 10, 2008.

1. for the last time, i am not tim, just one of his students. critique me on my trades, that's it

#11     May 11, 2008
  2. Joab

Joab

OP you may find it interesting to know that all the books on his web site that Tim reads and recommends, will tell you to do the exact opposite of what Tim teaches.

Think about that ...

#12     May 11, 2008
  3. It's not really for me to say but if that's genuinely all you want to do then it's not a problem I wouldn't expect, it's when you start promoting an arrogant little pissant like Sykes's garbage and posting links to his website in every other post like you did in the deleted thread that it may understandably cause friction.

Everyone can see by the title of the thread and the link in your first post whose strategy you are trading so there's no reason to mention it again really.

Now that you're completely aware of what is likely to stir people up I guess we'll see whether you're just another trader keeping a public journal here......or a shill troll.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt I'll say 'good luck and good trading'!

#13     May 11, 2008
  4. ok, i just wanted to give credit where credit was due. now you know these aren't my strategies so i don't have to link/mention tim's name every post. i really am not promoting for him, this is more of a social experiment to see if his strategies do work and so i can look back and learn from my own trading successes and failures

#14     May 11, 2008
  5. This is obviously a troll thread designed to spark responses. I went ahead and hit the complain button and hope the moderators do something.

#15     May 11, 2008
  6. I don't know if this is true, but I heard that Tim Sykes ran his fund from millions of dollar to just $12k. Could someone please confirm?

#16     May 11, 2008
  7. slacker

slacker

Quotes from Timmay:

I agree that professionals earn their living by preying on amateurs...

#17     May 11, 2008
  8. just covered VRML at $2.60, account stands at $28,946, up $4k in 2.5 weeks. VRML was a classic example of tim's supernova pattern and it was a great pump to short.

today i'm watching CNEX and NNVC for possible afternoon shorts

#18     May 12, 2008
  9. VictorS

VictorS

I am not familiar with this strategy. How do you decide when to get short? Do you have price targets?

note: Can you elite members just watch this journal unfold. Let's see if there's substance here.
    Too many times you all ruin threads.:mad:

#19     May 12, 2008
  10. I agree. While the entire journal may be a farce, we do not know that right now.

This could be a great critique of the sykes way of trading that we have not seen before.

It won't take long to see if this is a shill or not. Honest feedback will be either clear as day or he'll make excuses.

#20     May 12, 2008