Jeff Macke Meltdown On CNBC Last Night

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 20, 2009.

1. I thought his comments were great ... he was talking over the head of the host to tell the audience that prices are now a complete artificial construct of government action. Once you see that, the 'band-aid' comes off. Also explains why he refused to discuss where he thinks the market is going - it is going wherever the players want it to go.

Give him props for taking a risk, being original, right, and honest.

#21     May 22, 2009
  2. None of us do. You're the only one who sees the things you do.

You're on the inside and see in 3D, eating canopes and drinking champagne.

We're all outside, fooled by the rabbit hole, seeing in 2D.

#22     May 22, 2009
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

I'd say an all night binger....taking his last whack right before going on air....I know that look...

#23     May 22, 2009
  4. #25     May 22, 2009
  5. CONFIRMED: Jeff Macke Is Finished At CNBC
    Joe Weisenthal|May. 22, 2009, 2:56 PM|39
    PrintTags: CNBC, Video, Media
    We still don't know how the events transpired, from Tuesday night's bizarre performance to now, but we've confirmed with a source familiar with Jeff Macke's thinking that the Fast Money guest is done at CNBC.

Obviously his many supporters (see: our comments section) will miss his candor, humor and his unconventional perspective.

Our source denied previous reports that there were contract negotiations going on (stressful or otherwise). It was always his intent to leave when his contract expired in the middle of June, and it's possible he will appear on Fast Money at some point before then.

#26     May 22, 2009
  6. Maybe they'll remake the three stooges, and he can be "pissed off Curly".

#27     May 22, 2009