Jeff Duncan questions IRS rifle usage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wjk, Jun 12, 2013.

1. wjk

wjk

Rep. Jeff Duncan wants to know why IRS law enforcement agents are training with AR-15 rifles.

As chairman of the House Homeland Security oversight subcommittee, Duncan (R-S.C.) toured a federal law enforcement facility in late May and noticed agents training with the semi-automatic weapons at a firing range. They identified themselves as IRS, he said.

Continue Reading Text Size-+reset
    “When I left there, it’s been bugging me for weeks now, why IRS agents are training with a semi-automatic rifle AR-15, which has stand-off capability,” Duncan told POLITICO. “Are Americans that much of a target that you need that kind of capability?”

While Duncan acknowledges that the IRS has an enforcement division, he questions if that level of firepower is appropriate when they could coordinate operations with other agencies, like the FBI, especially in a time of austerity.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/jeff-duncan-irs-rifle-training-92662.html?hp=f2

2. pspr

pspr

Infowars is reporting that the DHS is ordering riot gear. I guess we are going to be having an insurrection in our near future.

3. wjk

wjk

Saw that. You know, when the gov starts to worry like this one is, they have to know that they are essentially governing against the will of the people, or what they consider a large portion of the people. It is also of note that authoritarian govs are notoriously paranoid of their subjects. Take your pick. Not telling you anything you don't know.

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Fox News just ran a story on it. First, they target common sense groups. Next, these tyrants train with tactical weapons. Absolute nightmare this is!!!:mad: