Jeb Bush, the younger moron

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Cesko

Cesko

There is no way to know. Have you ever seen chart of temperature fluctuation going back few thousands years? If you did you would know there is nothing extraordinary going on. It's all politics.

#31     Jun 6, 2006
  2. Scientists may agree that the planet is warming, but they do not universally agree that the warming is a threat or that it is due to mankind.

I don't know what else to tell you. You seem to be in denial that there are other possiblities out there yourself. These probably are the same scientists that were threatening a coming ice age 30 years ago because there was a global cooling in the 70's.

This will be my last post on this thread because it is obvious that your only intention is to try to bash one of the Bush brothers, and nothing else.

#32     Jun 6, 2006
  3. I am not saying scientists agree universally to the cause of global warming, but more than just a few have concluded that man has an impact in all of this.

Why not take a more conservative approach and proceed with caution.

I just don't understand why the right wing doesn't see that pollution of the kind we produce is unnatural.

Your last post?

Don't let this thread hit you on the butt on your way out of the forum....

#33     Jun 6, 2006
  4. That is your opinion and frankly, I would rather go with the opinions of scientists...

#34     Jun 6, 2006
  5. jem

jem

zzz did not even honor the warning Pabst made about telling a Catholic how to relate to his religion.

Just so arrogant or so determined to troll out an argument.

Two, I have lived in FL 3 years. I just asked my wife he she knew Jeb was Catholic. We were both surprised. We had never heard Jeb was a Catholic much less devout. This seems to have come out at the end of his term. Hardly wearing it on his sleeve.

If you lived and florida and saw how well he handled the hurricanes and how his legislation has remarkably improved the schools you would see he is no moron. In fact I have more confidence in him than just about any politician in the country. He has proven he can administrate. He also speaks well in public.

By the way a Catholic does not have to listen to the Pope in all areas all the time. Catholic are educated to understand that most importantly they should have a fully informed conscience so that they can make educated choices. The Pope and the Church are in "infallible" in certain declared matters of faith an morals. and there are not many of them. The doctrine arose from certain Jewish customs and because Jesus handed the discples the Keys, the ability to loose and bind.

If some Bishops circulate a letter saying Catholics should not read the Da Vinci Code a Catholic with a fully informed conscience could ignore their request. (at least that is what I would argue and so would many Catholics.)

#35     Jun 6, 2006
  6. pattersb

pattersb Guest

It is an interesting "theory" that man's activity is causing a greenhouse effect and so on, but this thread was started in order to bash Jeb Bush for not attending the movie "AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH".

There is no "theorizing" here. PREPARE TO BE PREACHED TO. PREPARE TO HAVE THE FEAR OF GOD STRUCK IN YOU!

By none other than the snooty french waiter.

Oh, yeah if passing on this means I'm a moron ... well, I can live with that.

#36     Jun 6, 2006
  7. When I hear the name Bush I am reminded of the shit the pres. has pulled regarding illegal immigration, and then Jeb's belligerent puke son's shrill voice comes into my mind calling me a racist, because I opposed the Dubai ports deal. I guess since Jeb is catholic he is above the law (regarding illegal immigration).

Perhaps he is good for Florida, that is fine, but as far as I am concerned I hope he never leaves that state.

As far as global warming the problem is that people like Alger, maybe Zzz, believe that only the US causes global warming, all while China gets a pass each and everyday they belch tons of mercury vapor in the the atmosphere, god knows how many tons daily of CO2, SO2, etc.

#37     Jun 6, 2006
  8. pattersb

pattersb Guest

It's too bad. Jeb seems like a very decent guy. He is also fully capable of constructing a gramatically correct sentence.
    No way he runs ... and he shouldn't.

We Got the Wrong Bush! George 41 was very good, if only in hind-sight. George 43rd, has been .... a disaster.

The war never made sense to me, but he lost me at Harriet Myers.

#38     Jun 6, 2006
  9. Correct statements here by Nick.. If the US was to cut its' fossil fuel use, etc, then the 'stuff' made here would be shipped off to other countries , where they have virtually NO environmental protections. And if we think globally, re: global warming, then that can only be a bad thing...

Besides, there's a real simple cure for global warming - try a little nuclear winter on for size. I say let's start with Iran....

#39     Jun 6, 2006
  10. He wouldn't have been able to do any of what you suggest by seing that movie. From what I saw in the preview, (which aired before X-Men), the movie is designed to scare the shit out of you and make you beg for Gore to save you.

If you want real data and scientific opinions not "spun" to one side or the other you need to READ AND THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Do you think this might have something to do with global warming?

[​IMG]
    World population 1.5 Billion to 6.5 Billion in the last 100 years

#40     Jun 6, 2006