Jeb Bush sees no family 'baggage'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Mar 10, 2013.

1. http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/jeb-bush-sees-bright-family-legacy-88659.html?hp=r1

Jeb Bush sees no family 'baggage'

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, speaking on a bevy of news programs Sunday morning, declined to address his own future but said he didn’t think any run for the presidency would be dragged down by “Bush baggage.”

As part of a tour on behalf of his new book “Immigration Wars,” the Republican notable was seen and heard on the five big morning shows (“Face the Nation,” “State of the Union,” Fox News Sunday,” “Meet the Press” and “This Week”), as well as Univision. Though the prime topic of the book is immigration, the discussion Sunday kept circling back to electoral politics, particularly his own ambitions.

Bush declined to discuss any decisions he might have made about the 2016 presidential election — it was too soon, he told Candy Crowley on CNN’s “State of the Union” and others on subsequent programs — but did say he thought his family name would not be a hindrance for him.

“I don’t think there’s any Bush baggage at all,” Bush said on “Fox News Sunday” when confronted with a poll that showed almost a full majority of Americans have an unfavorable impression of former President George W. Bush.

He told host Chris Wallace: “I love my brother, I’m proud of his accomplishments. I love my dad. I am proud to be a Bush.”

The topic came up on NBC’s “Meet the Press” as well.

“I think history will be kind to George W. Bush,” he said on that program.

2. Jeb is in serious denial :(

Sorry jeb but your brother screwed you out of any chance of being President

As far as history being kind to W

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20009531-503544.html

Scholars Rank Obama the 15th Best President

A group of presidential scholars has ranked President Obama as the 15th best U.S. president of all time, a new survey shows, while his predecessor, President George W. Bush, is relegated to the bottom five.

Mr. Obama also has an advantage in the rankings over President Ronald Reagan, who came in 18th, but President Bill Clinton beats them both in 13th place.

The Siena College Research Institute's Survey of U.S. Presidents, which has been conducted five times since 1982, asked 238 presidential scholars to rank the 43 U.S. presidents on a number of characteristics.

The presidents were given rankings for six personal attributes (background, imagination, integrity, intelligence, luck and willingness to take risks), five forms of ability (compromising, executive, leadership, communication and overall), and eight areas of accomplishment (economic, other domestic affairs, working with Congress, party leadership, Supreme Court appointments, executive branch appointments, avoiding mistakes and foreign policy).

President Franklin D. Roosevelt was ranked the best president ever, followed by Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.

While he has only been in office a year and a half, Mr. Obama was rated highly in areas such as imagination, communication and intelligence.

By comparison, Mr. Bush was ranked 23rd when the survey was conducted in 2002, after his first year in office. This year, Mr. Bush was ranked 39th after receiving poor ratings in communication, foreign policy, intelligence, the economy and his ability to compromise. Mr. Bush's best ranking came in the category of "luck," for which he was rated the 18th best president.

The four presidents who were ranked more poorly than Mr. Bush were Andrew Johnson, James Buchanan, Warren G. Harding, and Franklin Pierce.

© 2010 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

4. Please add something related to the thread subject or stay out of the thread,thanks

5. So how does ET Republicans feel about Jeb nudging out Rubio and how will that help towards securing the Hispanic vote ?

6. pspr

pspr

Did we have a primary and a convention already? I must have missed it. :cool:

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Exactly, who even worries about this shit so far out?

8. AK is "planning ahead". (i.e. concerned when the welfare checks will stop arriving).

9. The guy who has been all over the news this week letting everyone know he will run in 2016(Jeb Bush)

10. As mod once said to me...

"Please add real content to a thread or you will be requested to not post in those sections.

thank you."

#10     Mar 10, 2013