Jeb Bush Finds 2012 GOP Debate Rhetoric 'A Little Troubling'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Yeah, I think I posted the same thing a couple of days ago. Jeb is still the 'smarter' brother, IMO.

c

2. but it's a little troubling sometimes when people are appealing to people's fears and emotion rather than trying to get them to look over the horizon
    --------------

Darn thing about it is: It works.

Everything we find "troubling" about the debates in realty works. That's why it never ends.

3. His brother I'm sure thinks the same thing. These guys long ago fell off the edge of the map even in comparison to Dubya. In Romney's case everyone knows it's just to get the nomination, but how is he going to get back closer to the center after all this nonsense I have no idea.

4. Brass

Brass

I don't think he's worrying about tomorrow today. And that general principle places him in good company with his fellow GOPers.

5. Jeb Bush is another in a long line of moderate to liberal republicans who can only get media attention by criticizing other republicans. I'm sure it fries him that his dumb brother poisoned the well for him, but the fact is, Jeb's positions on immigration were never going to fly with the rank and file.

6. Like this:

Jeb Bush: Hispanics Are ‘Turned Off’ By Alabama’s Immigration Law; ‘It Makes No Sense’ Politically To Pass Such Bills

MIAMI, Florida — As Mitt Romney spent yesterday promising to create conditions deplorable enough for undocumented immigrants that they will engage in “self-deportation,” former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) warned that his party’s rightward shift on state-based immigration legislation “turned off” Hispanic voters.
    ThinkProgress asked Bush about Alabama’s new anti-immigrant law, HB 56, which includes provisions requiring officials to check the immigration status of children enrolling for school and prompting local utilities to shut off residents’ water service unless they prove their citizenship.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...ush-alabama-immigration-turned-off/?mobile=nc

c

7. rew

rew

That's right. The last thing I need is another pro-illegal immigrant "Republican". That's what the Democratic Party is for.

8. When one carefully reads between the lines, he is probably talking to those who should know whom he is talking to.

PS: Is he voting for Ron Paul?