JC Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by get even TT, May 27, 2010.

1. ScalperJoe,

I had a buddy that traded at Epiphany because he couldn't qualify to trade at a CBSX firm. Your "deposit" is labeled a "training fee". The NSCC and TAF fees were 5 times what I pay at JC. He only stayed there a week.

They only have Citigroup traders there and when he was there most of them left to go to another firm. I don't think they are doing anything to exempt them from having to file as a BD, they are just flying under the radar. It's only a matter of time before they get shut down in my opinion.

With so many good choices like JC, Bright, or Echo (depending on your trading style), why mess around with an unregulated firm like Epiphany.

#21     Apr 9, 2011
  2. HONESTLY I HAVE A PRETTY LOW OPINION OF THE SCUM THAT RUN THE PROP FIRMS BUT I'M SURE THERE ARE SOME THAT ARE DECENT PEOPLE.I CAN UNDERSTAND WHEN THOSE THAT HAVE FELT THEY'VE BEEN MISTREATED WANT TO COME ON THIS FORUM AND LET IT RIP.
    WITH PROP FIRMS WHO ARE NOT RUN BY SCUM IN SEEMINGLY SHORT SUPPLY - BEFORE WE REALLY LAY INTO A FIRM WE SHOULD HAVE SOME SOLID EVIDENCE.OTHERWISE WE'LL BE DOING OURSELVES A DIS-SERVICE IN HELPING EACH OTHER FIND THE GOOD FIRMS AND WEEDING OUT THE LOW LIFES.

#22     Apr 9, 2011
  3. I COMMUNICATED WITH JEFF GOLDMAN FROM JC A WHILE BACK AFTER AN ACQUIATANCE RECOMENDED THE FIRM.HE SEEMED PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD AND ANSWERED A LOT OF QUESTIONS.VERY HELPFUL.I WOULD PROBABLY CONSIDER THEM IF I HAD MORE FIRST HAND INFO.

#23     Apr 9, 2011
  4. At the end of the day your not trading with JC, your trading with Oceanview "Tuco". Best of luck

#24     Apr 9, 2011
  5. Never get the JC trading thing

-overpriced commissions
    -middle of the road platforms
    -no overnights
    -1 yr lock up
    -no programming help
    -no decent chat room etc
    -tied to Tuco etc

I never know why the draw to JC Trading.
    :confused:

#25     Apr 9, 2011
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Those two posters don't have the same IP address, so I'm not sure why you would even suggest that.

#26     Apr 11, 2011
  7. timcar

timcar

If these are true:

those are bad reasons to join J.C. trading.

#27     Apr 12, 2011
  8. 'Overpriced' is a pretty vague term. What's your definition of overpriced? Someone who does 2,800 shares a day (not saying you do) isn't going to get a super cheap deal.

They offer you your choice of 3 of the most widely used platforms.

While it's not part of my strategy, I have no problems taking overnights.

Can't speak to lock up's as I am international.

You seriously want your firm to help you with programming? You want your firm having intimate access to your code which you use to earn a living? Sounds like a seriously bad idea. Hire your own programmer and guard your code with your life.

No decent chat room? This is a requirement of yours, really? Do you want them to burp you as well?

#28     Apr 12, 2011