JC Trading/ Ocean View Capital LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Dominic, Jun 9, 2009.

1. CQNC

CQNC

LISTEN UP EVERYONE.

This Frederick character is working as a consultant to OVC. He contacted me after I contacted OVC directly.

Anyone who is stupid enough to work with someone who's being indicted by the SEC for massive securities fraud, guilty or not, is going to be assumed guilty by association. That's just how people are.

Lot's of good brokers out there. Find one.

#31     Sep 3, 2010
  2. JCTradingGroup

JCTradingGroup ET Sponsor

Brian,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. That individual is NOT associated with us. Furthermore, that is not even our phone number. If you are interested in contacting us our phone number is 248.406.3250, or email at info@jctradinggroup.com

Thank You,

JC Trading Group

#32     Sep 3, 2010
  3. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

#33     Sep 3, 2010
  4. JBahn

JBahn

The guy clearly states in his email he is from JC Trading Group.

The email address that email came from was prop@jctradinggroup.com

Here is the response to my email questioning him about his identity:

------------------------------------------
    Hi Brian,

Here is my story, I am originally from Vietnam, grew up in France and lived in since since 2005, I don t have only 2 but 3 names.
    Jean Truong is my official name however when I moved to Us people advice me to have a name that sound more American, so I picked Kevin.
    End of my story...

Now back to the trading, when would be a good time to reach you?

Could you tell me a little bit more about your trading?

Regards

Jean

#34     Sep 3, 2010
  5. being indicted and for massive securities fraud? you have a source for that?

the only thing i know frederick to have been guilty of, was running the same llc model everyone else was 2-3 years ago (genesis even had one). the only difference, is they were the only ones who were made an example of by the sec. after that, all the llc firms either shut down or scrambled to setup b/d's with the cbsx.

you can chalk it up to ignorance and group think vs fraud. if there was fraud going on, frederick would've been in the bahamas and no one at tuco would've gotten their money back. the reality is, he got to play the fall guy, and everyone else got a get out of jail free card and learned a valuable lesson.

if you have some other info that no one else knows about though, i'm sure everyone would be interested in hearing it.

#35     Sep 3, 2010
  6. CQNC

CQNC

Yeah, the SEC.
    http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2008/lr20480.htm

I didn't say he was guilty. I have trust in the governing body of the SEC to let them decide that. But I sure am not going to risk my capital with someone who is being investigated, indicted, censured, or otherwise accused while they are.

#36     Sep 3, 2010
  7. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the guy took some massive loan (in the millions) from the company aka other traders money and couldn't pay it back.

That's what triggered the SEC's action. They busted them because of that, not because of the sub llc, they just busted w/ the sub llc mearly because the SEC through the book at them

#37     Sep 3, 2010
  8. CQNC

CQNC

It doesn't really matter what the reason is, the guy's reputation is shot to hell and any firm tied to him is breathing cholera.

#38     Sep 3, 2010
  9. Does JC trading trade more than stocks?

#39     Sep 3, 2010
  10. ummm... that's from 2008. the case was closed 2 years ago... it wasn't securities fraud, it was b/d violations. if it was fraud, he'd be in jail.

they were implementing the hedge fund model you have been recommending in the don's thread. except, they were charging commissions (which all the llc's were), which is a big no-no if you're not a b/d.

#40     Sep 3, 2010