JC Trading/ Ocean View Capital LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Dominic, Jun 9, 2009.

1. What exactly does that mean? Are the forms still submitted to the SRO and full background checks ala FINRA registration occur? What's the purpose of filing a U4 if you don't get licensed?

#21     Sep 3, 2009
  2. So that when they get audited they don't get busted and shut down. It is due dilligence.

#22     Sep 3, 2009
  3. lg33

lg33

He can't be associated in any way on paper with any firm according to the SEC. That doesn't mean he isn't associated with Ocean View.

#23     Sep 4, 2009
  4. hi would like to know how reliable is jc trading depositing and withdrawing money

#24     Nov 23, 2009
  5. gtgtgt3

gtgtgt3

They are one of the most reputable firms around. Do a search on ET and will only find very positive comments about them. As a disclaimer, I have traded with them for 2 years and have never had any issues.

GT

#25     Nov 30, 2009
  6. jumper

jumper

does anyone have a retail account at Oceanview or most of you prop traders? there are different risks pertaining to each situation.

#26     Dec 12, 2009

7. JC is good, question is will they accept you. I am blushing you tried to clone my ID...

#27     Jan 15, 2010
  8. CQNC

CQNC

yes, he is. i got this message from him today, representing oceanview's principles.

Voicemail at 2:13 PM:

Hi this is doug. Frederick, I do consulting for ocean view capital camera Gonzales asked me to give you a call. My number is (xxx) xxx-xxxx didn't know if you had any questions or anything. But like I said I do consulting for them in about 4 or other firm, so look forward to talking to you. Thanks.

#28     Jul 29, 2010
  9. TTSCAM

TTSCAM

Just my 2 cents:

I did call JC Trading about 5-6 months ago when I was shopping around. When they sent me the contract for me to sign, it was not with JC or Oceanview, it was with a third company called Mercury. I called JC and asked them about this third company and also asked them about the managing directors of Oceanview and their involvement with JC. Well, as soon as I started asking those questions they completely changed their attitude and basically told me they were not going to answer them......

After what happened with VCM/TT I had to do a proper research, and found it very weird that they couldn't even tell me what the third company involved (in the contract) was about.....

Obviously, I never sent them any money.

If you are considering joining JC Trading, please read the contract carefully and ask any questions about any doubt you might have in terms of which company will handle your deposit.

#29     Jul 29, 2010
  10. JBahn

JBahn

I say "stay away".

Got this email from them yesterday. The guy introduces himself as Kevin but signs the email completely different. If this guy cant even get his name straight and I suppose to assume they can competently handle my trades?

-------------------------

Hi Brian,

I am Kevin from JC Trading a register Prop Firm, we are currently looking for experienced profitable traders to join us,

Here is our current offer:
    $30 for data, nyse/amex/nasdaq
    100% payout
    full pass thru
    per share setup @.006 (no minimum volume required)
    up to 35:1 leverage intraday
    flatted out by 5pm eastern
    No Platform Fees with sufficient volume

Platform Lightspeed /Laser / Sterling pro (I can set you up a demo account quickly)

Regards

Ps: do you use Gmail chat or Skype?

--
    Jean.T
    Account Manager
    Prop Division

phone: 408.813.7461
    fax: 248.856.3838

#30     Sep 3, 2010