JC Trading/ Ocean View Capital LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Dominic, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Who runs Oceanview?

#11     Jun 14, 2009
  2. lg33

lg33

Yes, Ocean View is Tuco reformed - Douglas Frederick and friends.

Stay far away!

#12     Jun 14, 2009
  3. Ocean View is an SEC registered broker-dealer. That means they are audited and regulated by their Designated Examining Authority, which is the CBSX.

Tuco was an unregulated LLC audited and regulated by no one.

Ocean View took over the the space and bought the equipment from the receiver so traders could still trade.

JC Trading is partners with Ocean View.

#13     Jun 14, 2009
  4. they are expensive??

#14     Jun 15, 2009
  5. i trade with oceanview and they are a class act. I've been in the game long enough to see some schmucks. These guys have stood behind their word with a handshake. I've been with them for a few years now. I'll continue to trade with them until they prove to me that they deserve otherswise.

#15     Jul 13, 2009
  6. mksummy what about all the people that got fucked with tuco who is oceanview now? I guess all those small traders who lost 40% of there deposit don't matter?But yes it wasn't tuco's fault was it? Bottom line looking at tuco's record of there traders from 2007 and 2008 very few made money. the lesson is leverage is a dirty game and few can make money overleveraging.

#16     Jul 13, 2009
  7. gtgtgt3

gtgtgt3

Doug Frederick was the only Class A member of Tuco. He is NOT associated with Ocean View in any way.

#17     Jul 13, 2009
  8. ttonca

ttonca

Personally met Jeffrey Goldman (one of the founders) great guy, they have a good, solid operation.

#18     Jul 14, 2009
  9. sorry, what does it mean for a firm to be under a broker/dealer firm?? so when you say JC is under OceanView, how does that work?

#19     Jul 15, 2009
  10. mshanil

mshanil

Is this firm a good place for a Fresh Newbie Trader to start from ?
    There arent many choice around San Diego.
    Do they give any kind of training?

#20     Sep 3, 2009