JAZZ - will they take it away from me

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by fbell50, Apr 27, 2011.

1. fbell50

fbell50

They haven't taken it away yet. If they do I'll be short since I've exited. This is certainly one of the best one day moves I've ever had.

#11     Apr 28, 2011
  2. Bob111

Bob111

#12     May 3, 2011
  3. yahoo chart doesnt even show the 23 prints. did they bust.

its a circus

#13     May 3, 2011
  4. same thing happened to JNJ in the afterhours yesterday....legit prints all the way to 100. tens of thousands of shares.......not sure if busted. not sure how it works with nasdaq, but with arca, you have 30 minute window to report an erroneous trade/fill.

#14     May 3, 2011
  5. luisHK

luisHK

How do you report it ? Do you need to send a message to your broker or contact the exchange directly ? I'm glad for OP it worked out to his advantage but I'd feel better to know this kind of trades cancelled. It's not crystal clear how the circuit breajkers work...

#15     May 6, 2011
  6. Bob111

Bob111

report what? that you got fill at better price than you expected? :p
    call your broker asap. exchange not going to talk to you. have you look at the link i provide in my first post here? everything is explained on website..looks like 90% of ET have no clue about pretty much anything and having hard time to learn,even when info is provided to them on silver platter...no wonder they lose and can't believe that some can and do beat the market..

#16     May 6, 2011
  7. luisHK

luisHK

Whatever Bob says if that makes him feel better... Where did you see the line on calling your broker rather than the exchange in your link ?? Besides google "circuit breaker stock exchange " and you will see it's more complicated than what's written in your link (which story I had already read btw ). It's nice to be smarter than everyone else Bob, but it would be more convincing if you didn't come up as an arrogant clown (in that case at least)

#17     May 6, 2011
  8. you can either call your firm or call arca/nasdaq directly........there's a 30 minute window. they can bust all the trades during a specific time frame, have two sides negotiate a deal, or go into arbitration.........there are traders who live off these erroneous fills and they'll usually settle for 1-2pt profit.

#18     May 6, 2011
  9. luisHK

luisHK

Thanks Forsalenyc, that could prove to be very useful info !

#19     May 6, 2011
  10. Bob111

Bob111

i'm not claiming that i'm smarter than anybody else.. in fact-i'm certain that i'm not,based on my school score...and english is not my native language...but if you skip the arrogant clown part you may find some value in my posts. :)
    i think that my answer to OP's question is perfect example..

if it's still to hard for you to find the info, i'll do it for you:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=customerService&p1=bust

http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/Trader.aspx?id=ClearlyErroneous

imo-language is pretty plain,not complicated at all

#20     May 6, 2011