Jay Yu, Is he for real?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by rossmedia, Jun 17, 2003.

1. ColdLogic - what do you hope to get out of your post? What is the use of posting that there is "exactly one" website that works for you, and you are profitable with it? You know that people are going to ask you what that website is; if you don't wish to reveal it, quit bringing it up. If this is some type of marketing ploy, then get on with it.

But, again, you need to look inward and see what you are trying to accomplish here.

#21     Jun 22, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

I just wanted to let you know that I have a special chat room that works. It is one of a kind, with several multi-million dollar a year traders all trading there and discussing their methods, all willing to help out newbies, even during the trading day, and best of all, it's free!

Please don't PM me about because I will NEVER disclose this chatroom of gurus. We are a close nit group and you had to know about us to begin with otherwise we don't let just any loser in. In fact, I do not know why I come to ET given that I have this chatroom that works and I can never tell you about it. But hey, that's life!

Best of luck in your trading and have a great day.

nitro

#22     Jun 22, 2003
  3. If you read the original post, hopefully my purpose is obvious.

Many years ago (then a naive newbie myself) I joined UndergroundTrader.com, and ended up wasting a ton of money before I realized I was being scammed. The purpose of my post was simple: to help someone else avoid the same mistake.

My comments about "one site that worked for me" and "you won't hear about it on ET" were really mindless afterthoughts, added to make a simple point to a new trader: don't waste your time searching for "magic bullet" websites.

I could have phrased it this way: "Perhaps 1 in 500 websites will help a new trader make money. The other 499 will be a waste of time, energy, and money. With those odds, logic suggests that searching for the "magic website" is a waste of time".

Instead, I just stated the simple facts as I knew them, thinking that the point would be made. I didn't anticipate how people would focus on what was (at the time) a minor "afterthought".

#23     Jun 22, 2003
  4. Your satire is funny, and makes a point. Thanks for posting something in English.

Your point (condensed) is "there are no guru chatrooms that will help a newbie". I wholeheartedly agree. In fact, my personal belief is that there are no "guru chatrooms" that really benefit traders of any experience level.

In my posts, I referred to a website. The words "guru" and "chatroom" were never used by me. You know what they say happens when you "assume".

#24     Jun 22, 2003
  5. box

box

Ral has alot to offer at UT.
    He developed the Owl for I R/T which can be a very useful tool.
    http://linnsoft.com/owl/index.htm

http://www.ralockhart.com/dailyfigures/the_owl_setup.gif

If you don't subscribe to UT after the free trial, you stay on the email list, and get Rals (and Jays) weekly commentary, (free) .
    I have learned from them, and free is a great price!

In general, chatrooms (free or paid) are only worth what you get out of them. If you make money there, more power to ya. If you don't, then best to move on. Alas, until we come upon (or are invited to join) the secret, exclusive rooms, we are left with selecting from what we have found. There are many free chatrooms available, on Paltalk, mIRC, eSignal, etc.

#25     Jun 22, 2003
  6. Nitro, you have broken the code of honor for the chatroom. You were never supposed to mention anything about it and you are now officially banned from the chat!!!

or

GIMME 10 PUSH UPS!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

:cool:

#26     Jun 22, 2003
  7. prox

prox

Well paraphrasing something from his book:

The best place to short is the high of the day..

The best place to buy is the low of the day.

and then he actually has a "strategy" in his book to check the CNBC webpage and see which CEOs are going to be interviewed for the day, then buy the stock in anticipation of their appearance, sell when they get on the air.

is he for real? you decide

#27     Jun 22, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

SIR YES SIR!

eeeeeegh 7
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
    niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
    TEN

winded nitro

#28     Jun 22, 2003