Jay Cutler "Quit" on his team?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ticktaker, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Cutler is an easy guy to dislike because of his, always looks ready to quit demeanor. He just doesn't appear to have any leadership qualities. That said, I'm still having trouble thinking he pussed out in such a big game. If he was hurt that bad, the whole thing was managed terribly. They should have put him on crutches, just for show if nothing else.
    I put the bulk of the blame on the coaching staff, and Lovie Smith in particular. Horrible play calling and game management late in the game. What's crystal clear is the Packers were the better team, by a long shot.

#41     Jan 24, 2011
  2. Did he look or move THAT injured to you? Answer honestly..

#42     Jan 24, 2011
  3. "However, Bobby Baun is remembered for his performance in game six of the 1963–64 NHL season Stanley Cup finals against the Detroit Red Wings. On April 23, 1964, having broken his ankle earlier in the game, he returned in overtime and scored the game winning goal."

Sure it's a different sport and the example is ages old, but try doing anything on a busted ankle. I could not see Cutler doing what Baun did. Maybe Cutler was badly injured, but that doesn't make him any less of an miserable asshole.

#43     Jan 24, 2011
  4. Phil Rivers played the entire AFC Championship with a Grade III torn ACL (worse injury) and the team didn't know until after the game.

#44     Jan 24, 2011
  5. olias

olias

sorry, i'm joining this discussion late. What makes him an asshole?

I don't feel the need to criticize Jay Cutler. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt since I have nowhere near enough information about what transpired. Even his fellow players would be douches to play judge, jury and executioner and label him a quitter or a pussy. Anybody who does that probably has low self-esteem. The bully types.

#45     Jan 24, 2011
  6. You continue to prove your argument as a bonafide meatball. I have nothing to offer you in your defense.

You claimed to know all about knee injuries. You know nothing.

A valgus stress test was performed on Cutler during halftime. The medical staff ruled Jay out. He took a painkilling injection, attempted to play one more series after the half and was then PULLED out of the game.

Rivers did have a similar injury, however he sustained it in a game a week before the AFC Championship and sat out the final quarter of the game he was originally injured in. So the statement that Rivers played with the same injury is inaccurate and yet another expected meatball statement.

All I ask is that you digest the facts before forming an opinion. You, in particular, have a very hard time doing this.

#46     Jan 24, 2011

7. HAHAHA:D Almost spit my coffee out:p

#47     Jan 24, 2011

8. You have no clue as to the outcome of Cutler's abduction test, but I would assume a Grade II tear would result in a positive test.

Rivers' injury was far worse, AND he played the entire AFC Championship game without telling a soul. You cannot compare a Grade III ACL to a Grade II MCL tear. You've repeated the argument that Cutler couldn't plant, when Rivers could. Rivers' ACL required surgery; Cutler's will not.

You seem to be hung up on semantics. You don't walk up and down the sideline and ride the bike if you're unable to play. You 150lb obsessive face-painters are rather pathetic.

To answer your question, yeah, he fucking quit. The sprain was simply a convenient excuse.

Genius, it's "bona fide"

#48     Jan 24, 2011
  9. Genius, Rivers was taken out of the game in which he tore his MCL. He then had surgery on it and a brace fit for the AFC Championship game in which he played like absolute ass. You are a hard headed twat, who has no clue as to what you're talking about. Instead of admitting you're wrong...you grasp for straws to find an example of someone "outmanning" Cutler. You have no point. You have provided no evidence to your claim that Cutler quit on his team...which was the point of this thread.

I have provided facts, all reported, and have outlined them in this thread. You have spouted out nonsense, and in the end you leave it at "bona fide" in an effort to save face. That is what a loser does when they have folded. They resort to useless comments.

What is pathetic is that you have sat on your computer all day, responding to all of my posts, without one single sentence that would come even remotely close to refuting any of the facts that I have stated.

#49     Jan 24, 2011
  10. Rivers had a torn ACL and MCL! You, Sir, are a bona fide pussy. I can see why you're defending your sister so vehemently.

#50     Jan 24, 2011