Java Plugin Error -- Help Please

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Babak, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Babak

Babak

When I visit a website with an embedded java console I sometimes get this error message:

Java(TM) Plug-in 1.4.0_03 Fatal Error

The Bridge was installed at <C:\PROGRA~1\Java\J2RE14~1.0_0> but the class is not there

Modify the registry key to reflect the new bridge location

The key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Plug-in or change your CLASSPATH to include the new directory

Please consult the documentation for more information

--------------------------

I have no idea what the heck that means! :confused: (btw I'm running Win2k )

Thank in advance.

2. def

def Sponsor

No clue but you might want to consider upgrading to the most recent version of Java. 1.4.1_02

3. Babak

Babak

def,

thanks but I'm surprised. I thought I had the latest (?) I'll look into it.

4. opm8

opm8

Babak,

Do you get this error on the same sites? It's possible that it's poorly written Java code on that particular site that's the problem. If most applets work except for a couple of sites I wouldn't worry about it. And I agree with def to get the latest version.

Name a site you're having problems with.

--opm8

5. try uninstalling java and installing it again.

6. I try to avoid Windows whenever possible, so I'm a bit rusty, but I believe the part about the Registry Key being missing shows that your install probably didn't work correctly. Usually stuff gets entered into the Registry automagically on a good install.

Make sure your program runs on your OS version (some 98 programs don't run on XP, for example).

You can reinstall, and hopefully it will work this time, or you can do like it says and add the correct directory to the registry (open regedit.exe in the windows directory, then go to the correct section "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\... etc" and type in the directory where the Java program can be found)....

And *if all else fails*, read the documentation like it says! :p

7. Install, uninstall, reinstall Raaagh!
    So much hassle because of TWS huh? been there
    Those mad software developers probably would think of me as a dummy, so take this advice with a grain of salt. When you install JRE 1.4. make sure you don't select JRE 1.4 as default for web browser in the install set up cos otherwise most websites applets will take age to download if at all. JRE 1.4 headache is only for TWS!

8. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

The install probably did not complete: Java needs to have the system path variable CLASSPATH initialized so that it knows where to find its libraries. Possible causes: firewall / proxy configurations, or possible security or java settings limitation on your browser. Try the Java JRE install again and see if the problem persists ...