java applets problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by babe714, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Bsulli

Bsulli

Your Welcome Jem, Also download from the same site the reference program 2.0 and run it every couple of weeks. If it pulls down a new ref list for ad-ware then re-run the ad-ware program. If you stay on top of it the most that generally get's into your pc is registry entries that folks like adclick use for tracking. Still annoying. You can read all about how they work at www.grc.com under the spyware. Also use the programs that check how secure your pc really is. Take it's recommendations for tightening up your pc and that will slow down alot of the crap that generally get's thru.

Bsulli

#31     May 4, 2002
  2. I had the same problem a while back. The applet would start to load, the grey box would appear, but the progress bar never appeared. The grey box would just say "loading applet", but it would never load. I had run the demo before so I knew it wasn't my computer. Anyway, later it worked late at night so I'm guessing the problem was just too many people trying to use the demo. Hope that helps.

Snake

#32     May 6, 2002
  3. Pitched a little fit last night and restored my laptop to factory out of the box settings. I am now clogging it up anew.

Now activetrader.net works.

Now I want to trade so I have downloaded IB Trader Workstation. It wont install because I need java runtime environment - a minimum of version 1.3 from sun.com.

Should I get it? Is this the offender? Are there alternatives?

Thank you.

Geo.

#33     May 9, 2002
  4. Bsulli

Bsulli

Sun runtime java 1.3 has been around for a while and is stable so it shouldn't compound any problems you may encounter. At least that's been my experience with it. As far as TWS I'm not a IB customer.

#34     May 9, 2002