Jasper pre-beta available

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by aphexcoil, Nov 6, 2002.

1. BCE

BCE

Hey, aphie
    How's it going? I'm wondering about any plans to include SSF's.
    Realized yesterday I'm not signed up for the eMini feeds on eSignal anymore but just thru RealTick. I have a 1 min candlestick chart with an ES overlay and a 5 min with an NQ overlay in RealTick which costs $10 extra a month. But I can obviously get it through eSignal if needed - also $10 a month. I really like your software. Nice touch with the chat. :)

#51     Nov 12, 2002
  2. Stocks are next on the agenda.

#52     Nov 12, 2002
  3. If you can type the ticker into IB, then you should be able to use Jasper with it. That is my ultimate goal.

The only difference would be that the price bar needs to be adjustable. One cent increments would only allow 32 cents worth of movement for a stock, so it needs to be user definable (2 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent).

If someone is scalping, they will go with the penny. However, a longer trend player may want the 10 cent seperation in the price grid.

#53     Nov 12, 2002
  4. Coming soon to a theater near you, the Jasper STOCK module.

Here is an example of viewing MSFT. You can set limits, stops, stop-limits, MIT, OCA's, etc -- faster than you ever could with TWS.

[​IMG]

#54     Nov 13, 2002
  5. def

def Sponsor

wanna race? hot keys are tough to beat.

#55     Nov 13, 2002
  6. This goes WELL beyond simple hot keys. Just ask INANDLONG -- he's been using it extensively.

#56     Nov 13, 2002
  7. def

def Sponsor

I'm not doubting that your code is good. It does look nice and from peoples comments, sounds very functional.

You certainly can pre-program an API (as you are) to enter certain types of orders very quickly. However, when it comes to limit orders (buy on offer, buy on bid, etc) I am convinced that a hotkey will consistantly beat a mouse.

#57     Nov 13, 2002
  8. What if you're trading 5 stocks at once and want to put in a limit order 10 cents higher than the stock price at a certain share amount and do it all in 2 seconds?

Hot-keys are great but it is like washing dishes by hand compared to using a dishwasher.

The whole purpose of this program is to give a user a very visual depiction of what the "ticker tape" is doing and allow them to place and cancel limits and stops at any price with one click. I don't think you can beat that kind of trading.

Also, Jasper currently only works with IB, so if people love using it, what is that going to do for your business?

#58     Nov 13, 2002
  9. BCE

BCE

Not being the ultimate nanosecond scalper I kind of like using my mouse as it provides me with what feels like the right rhythm for placing orders and killing orders and considering moves and observing charts etc. Plus it seems a lot easier to make mistakes using a keyboard.
    Your software looks nicer by the day or hour as it seems to be progressing and developing. You should copyright it as someone may try to steal your design. Just a suggestion. And also I hope you'll develop it to be able to use it with other brokers beside IB (nothing against them). Have fun doing your work. :)

#59     Nov 13, 2002
  10. Hendrix

Hendrix

Hey def
    Maybe you should hire Aphie as a programmer. Looks like he's got what it takes........

#60     Nov 13, 2002