Jasper pre-beta available

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by aphexcoil, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Is it finally ready for placing stop and limit orders without any major problems?

Thanks,
    wally_

#31     Nov 7, 2002
  2. It can be used live but only if you can keep an eye on TWS. There is a certain number of steps that can take place to cause a bug, but if it crashes, it will not take TWS with it.

By this weekend I will have a much more improved version.

Dottom,

Right on. I agree totally. We can make this thing rock.

#32     Nov 7, 2002
  3. looking forward to it. Can't stand placing orders using TWS, too many painful memories..., same with Bracket Trader. We need something better than that. We deserve that.

Thanks,
    wally_

#33     Nov 7, 2002
  4. * Improved Stability
    * IB Account Information Viewer
    * IB NQ / ES streaming Quotes
    * Open Positions Indicator
    * LONG / SHORT "dummy" indicator (in case you forgot which way you are in the market)
    * Super-fast limit / stop entry, adjustment and cancellation.
    * More stream-lined layout -- Less screen real-estate.
    * Lightning Fast

Future versions of Jasper to include:

* Various Trailing Stop Methods
    * Programmable scripts (Program your system into Jasper and let it trade for you -- full independence, partial independence, signal alerts, etc)
    * Stock Trading
    * "Trader's Connected" -- Connect to other people's Jaspers and post trades together, lock-on to their trades -- let them trade you -- whatever you want
    * Arb Trading Modules
    * Real-time Option Screening on any option (Greeks -- including theta)
    * "Deviation" monitor for grouped products (MSFT stock, options, ChicagoONE futures, etc)

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

#34     Nov 8, 2002
  5. "Lightning Fast"

Well I just don't know about that! I'll need some clarification on that, please!!!

We all know that light travels at 186,000 miles per second.

And the US Dept of Energy says that lightning travels at speeds up to 93,000 miles per second, or half the speed of light. Interesting.

Yet I find it hard to believe that as good as Jasper is... and it is really, really good... that it is "lightning fast."

Now, for a real time review. I used Jasper this morning to trae the ES real time...with real money. As a beta tester for Jasper I have had the privilege to paticipate in the refinement of this excellent platform.

As the screenshot reveals, Jasper is very visual. You can see where your stops and targets are. You can scale in and scale out very very quickly. It places OCA orders immediately on fills. I have used Bracket Trader and this smokes it.

Accolades to you Aphie for a job well done. I now there is more to come, but this baby is sweet right now.

Lightning fast... sheesh.

:)

#35     Nov 8, 2002
  6. I have not seen that baby yet, but I do love your ideas for future development. My systems are ready for others to use:p

Thanks a lot... now if only I could somehow use IB TWS Demo to see how this thing works...

#36     Nov 8, 2002
  7. Correction:

* Supersonic fast

:D

#37     Nov 8, 2002
  8. shyhh

shyhh

Could you tell me how to access esignal from external program ? I have been looking for the API but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance :)

#38     Nov 11, 2002
  9. BCE

BCE

Hey, aphie
    How's it going? You know, I just opened an account with Noble Trading but haven't signed up to trade futures quite yet but will shortly. They use J-Trader from patsystems for futures and RealTick for equities. And I also get eSignal equities. I'm wondering if I'd be able to use your software too. Looks spectacular. Loved it the first time I saw a screen shot last month. I'll keep an eye out to see how it's going. And when you become wealthy and famous don't forget your best friend BCE and the little people at ET that backed you up. Ha :)
    Also when you become King the people on these boards that have been ragging on you will all be imprisoned. Ha.
    P.S. In my book you're a major asset to these boards. Keep doing what you do. :)

#39     Nov 11, 2002
  10. Currently eSignals interface to external programs is through DDE which is an older technology.

These are the parameters I use in Visual Basic to interface with eSignal.

ESINFOprice.LinkItem = "ES Z2"
    ESINFOprice.LinkTopic = "WINROS|LAST"
    ESINFOprice.LinkMode = 1

ESINFOprice is an invisible caption box on the main page that is set to have a DDE connection to eSignal. I then use a 1 millisecond timer to constantly check it's value and use it in the program.

eSignal has a list of commands you can use. Check out DDE in the help. The second line in that code will get the last price. However, if you wanted the current bid size, you would use "WINROS|BIDSIZE"

Good luck!

#40     Nov 11, 2002