jasinhbca's quest for discipline, knowledge & profits

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jas_in_hbca, Nov 16, 2010.

1. 1 trade so far today +4.25

Nice sell off occurred at 7:15 am that i missed . Not sure why i missed as it's a setup i like.

#11     Nov 22, 2010
  2. Not proud of this trade. I'm supposed to be more patient around
    HOD / LOD per my own rules. Possibly influenced by missing prior down move.

Bottom line i should have waited and not taken this trade. Discipline issue.

#12     Nov 22, 2010
  3. 5 trades -6.25 NQ pts.

Felt like decent entries at the time but in review perhaps i was too eager. That is i should have waited to see if some breakouts were going to hold before i entered.

Comments on trade 1 & 4 on chart.

Trade 2 a buy. Should have waited with the market being down as much as it was and the TL a bit steep but 7:00 am pst often gives nice reversals.

Trade 3 selling LOD. Sometimes they work plus the market looked weak. This is a tough one for me to figure out. Not sure if i should just pass on these.

Comments always appreciated.

#13     Nov 23, 2010
  4. Last trade of the day chart attached.

Sat on my hands after this one. I thought the action felt a little strange; choppy and quick.

#14     Nov 23, 2010
  5. jokepie

jokepie

Couple of things,

1. Its good to loose indicators but one MA might help you visually see the trend.

Trade 1. seemed ok - unless you ignored the weakness in other futures. However you should have immidiately reversed your trade seeing the fast move opposite to your initial trade. (I still hesitate to do this however is the right thing to do in Futures trading)

Trade 2. you would not have taken this one if you had MA (pullback) and you would have rather opened a new position or added to the existing position.

Trade 3. you would not have taken this one.

Trade 4. was just late entry.

Sorry if i sound TOO critical. just telling you what I see.

#15     Nov 23, 2010
  6. Not too critical at all. Thanks !

#16     Nov 23, 2010
  7. 3 trades, + 5.75 NQ points total

1st trade i should have exited sooner after the reversal bar at the fib 50 -1.75

2nd trade Looks OK to me but didn't work -.25

I'll post 3rd trade next

#17     Nov 29, 2010
  8. 3rd trade was off a pattern i was reviewing this past weekend. Glad it worked . +7.75

This move started off a large LOD Triangle. Exit was apparently early but looked like price was struggling and i wanted the points.

#18     Nov 29, 2010
  9. -3.75 Frustrating. Lots of movement today . Seems like i should have been able to pull a couple points out of it.

1st trade was simply a boredom trade. Knew it as soon as i got in and regretted the entry. I haven't made this type of impatient mistake in a while. And to top it off i sat on it for a full stop. -3.00

2nd trade annotated on chart. Held it too long and rode + 5.75 to a .75 loss. Pretty sure I was ignoring price action and listening to hope/greed on this one.

Missed trades - The turns came quick today. Quite simply I think those trades are above my current skill level. I'll be reviewing todays action.

#19     Nov 30, 2010
  10. After reflecting on my trades yesterday i'm begining to believe that when i'm focused my entries are not bad. I think i'm making a small step in the right direction which gives me a small bit of hope. My current problems are not waiting for good set ups and not finding good exits.

Today i again made an unfocused, impulsive trade that isn't really one of the set ups i look for. - 3.00

Next trade (attached) decent entry, saw the M.top and waited for the pullback . Maybe s/h exited sooner when failed to make a lower low. Not entirely sure. Given overall strength of market probably should have. -.75

Going forward no more impulse or boredom trades. Only trade my set ups. And how will I do this ? Fcking willpower, baby ! I know. I'm not the first to say that.

#20     Dec 1, 2010