Japan's June CPI deflation fastest ever: reports

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ASusilovic, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Japan June jobless rate hits 5.4% vs. 5.2% in May

LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Japan's unemployment rate rose to 5.4% in June, up from 5.2% in May, the Ministry of Internal Affairs said Friday. The result was the highest in six years, and was slightly above expectations for a 5.3% rise reported by Dow Jones Newswires. The ministry also said that average household spending fell in June by 1.7% from the year before, in nominal terms to 277,237 yen ($2,901). Adjusted for inflation, however, real household spending inched 0.2% higher.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/japan-june-jobless-rate-hits-54-vs-52-in-may-2009-07-30

Green shoots...

2. Daal

Daal

3. Green Shoots!

Every day that goes by, the more freaked people are getting, the closer we get to the big one.

The world has so much overcapacity, and there is so much more to shed, in terms of employees, companies, and product.

This is the tip of the iceberg.

4. morganist

morganist Guest

agreed. people will have to get used to having less. perhaps they should limit advertising.

5. Illum

Illum

6. Daal

Daal

Soon:
    "Nikkei reaches another record on the BOJ announcement that the Nikkei Index will be added to the CPI. One BOJ governor said 'This should put our deflation troubles behind us, the outlook for Japan looks very good, I'm fully invested right now, its time to buy' "

7. Someone tell me when BLSH becomes bullish, or at the very least has the honesty to change his handle to BHSL.

8. Hey buddy.

I just drop shipped you some of this to take care of what ails you:

[​IMG]

Enjoy those vag itch free days that are on the way!

9. Riight.
    Do yourself a favor & look at the market from August '82 to January '83, the last time things were this bad and the stock market was rallying relentlessly. Guess which market had it right?
    It wasn't the labor market. Or the housing market. Just as a broad hint.

#10     Jul 30, 2009