Japans fate coming to US

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Nobert, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Nobert

Nobert

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  2. tsfx

tsfx

range, flat, bear ? Japan has been rising nicely. Europe and UK are trading at 2009 levels, Those you can call a flat or a bear :)

3. Nobert

Nobert

?

Look at the 1990 in the population curve & this :

JPN.PNG

4. piezoe

piezoe

These are very different projections, U.S. population continues to grow at a declining rate. Japan population expected to decline at a declining rate. Both countries will be fine. Both have projected population profiles compatible with increasing automation. Japan probably slightly more favorable overall because of other considerations. The transition period will be a little difficult, but doesn't have to be. We will make it so, because both countries are run by committee, assuring sub-optimal decision making. But this is preferable to the likely alternatives.

The United States would seem in some danger of losing sight of the great virtue of democracy to be found in its inefficiencies and imperfections as an alternative totalitarianism. Are we, through inattention, maturing into a xenophobic, authoritarian plutocracy or thoroughly fascist state of haves and have-nots? The U.S. is clearly further along its arc of history than is its similarly anglo-french-rooted northern neighbor, Canada. When the time comes, if it comes, know doubt Canada and other more democratic countries will lift their lamps of freedom beside their golden doors to welcome America's tired, poor, and huddled masses of young and healthy yearning to breathe free.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    ironchef and Nobert like this.
  5. tsfx

tsfx

alright, you are looking that far back, i was referring to post financial crisis, starting from the bottom of 2009.

Nobert likes this.
  6. Nobert

Nobert

My bad, since i have not explained how far back im looking.

7. trdes

trdes

My goodness, if US is even close to what happened / is happening in Japan I will be unbelievably happy if things are that stable and I will truly consider it a blessing.

Nobert likes this.
  8. Nobert

Nobert

9. tsfx

tsfx

yep, you are referring to the 80's boom in Japan. Hard to make a conclusion like that if it's gonna be the same loss in US. Tech is the name of the game nowadays and US is leading in tech. We'll just have to see how everything unfolds.

Nobert likes this.
  10. zdreg

zdreg

The Japanese people are a disciplined homogeneous society with behavioral norms The US in comparison are an unruly people, who if not for the fact that the dollar is the premier currency, would be unable to get anyone to buy their government bonds.

#10     Mar 22, 2020
    Genevian Speculator and Nobert like this.