Japanese Stock Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by turbonerd, Sep 17, 2008.

1. turbonerd

turbonerd

I am trying to find data for Japanese stocks online: Open, High, Low, Close, and Volume.

Any idea where to find this online?

2. Do you need that data for just certain stocks, or do you need it for the entire market? As you can imagine there is no demand for this information in English. But I once found a few sources of information in English a few years ago. Based on your needs, it might take me some time to find such again.
    In the meantime, you might check with ETRADE, if you are in the U.S. They offer trading in Japanese stocks and might have what you need in English.

3. turbonerd

turbonerd

Thank you, learner 2007. I found the data through eSignal, but I have some questions about it.

The Tokyo Stock Exchange says that they open at 9am their time, but eSignal shows that individual stocks sometimes open at 9am, but often at random times afterward. Time and sales data shows orders in the book, but they don't open until a few minutes later and the orders have moved.

eSignal has no exlanation. Any idea what is going on?

4. This happens when there is an imbalance between buy/sell orders. On a normal day most stocks will open within 5 minutes or so. If the market is to open way up or down, or when there is important news for an individual stock, it can take as long as an hour or more. The T&S data you are seeing is from the previous day. It won't move until the stock opens. Before the stock opens you can also see best bid/ask 1 in the Detail Window, File>New>Detail Window. There you can see the imbalance as it decreases until the open.

If this is not clear , please let me know.

5. turbonerd

turbonerd

Is there any way to know when a stock will open? In the U.S. you can get prices from ECN's, but in Japan? Does the TSE just let things open randomly?

6. As I mentioned, you can see the changes it the number of shares in the imbalance between buy and sell orders real time in the Detail Window. There is no way to tell exactly when the stock will open, but you can get a good idea as the imbalance nears zero.

7. Bob111

Bob111

well...i would start from exchange,where you planning to trade or get info...
    since you talking about stocks-then it's
    Tokyo Stock Exchange...

http://quote.tse.or.jp/tse/quote.cgi?F=listing/EDetail1&MKTN=T&QCODE=5142

then-you find list of stocks, then

http://quote.tse.or.jp/tse/quote.cgi?F=listing/EDetail1&MKTN=T&QCODE=5142

it's sooooo hard....
    you know what's hard?
    scraping the data from it. if you can figure this one out-lrt me know. you can't even insert links.

8. Bob111

Bob111

here is pic-

9. This is 20 minute delayed data. I think he is looking for real time data. But he has found it in eSignal.

10. d08

d08

Does anyone know where to find dividend and split data for TSE equities? Any language will do but since my nihongo is poor, I can't really find anything.

#10     Oct 24, 2016