Japanese Nikkei is so easy to trade, and I understand exactly why

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C- kid, Jun 30, 2008.

1. C- kid

C- kid

what most of North Americans don't understand because they don't know much about the rest of the world

is that Japanese are very artistic and sophisticated traders. here is what happened

because of their tendency toward short term trading, they have significantly altered behavior of Nikkei

now here is where it gets ironic, by being so active in the market they randomized the market much more, just like ES is more zig zaged than anything else in US

BUT, in doing that they actually created movements where a very significant edge can be exploited

this is the funny truth about FREE markets

is that no matter how many sophisticated players you introduce there always will be opportunities for a savvy trader to exploit

2. thank you for sharing this piece of wisdom! did you come up with this yourself or did you read it somewhere?

3. C- kid

C- kid

nope just pure intelligent observation

the kind 95% are not capable of :)

4. great! keep them coming!

actually, I hope somebody will disagree with your statement so that we could have a nice discussion. :)

5. C- kid

C- kid

the problem with ET and nature of this business

is that I am simply not willing to show my methods, programs, etc

imagine how cool would it be if people shared their work

there are people on ET that really know what they are talking about

but they have no choice but to keep it quiet

6. jasonjm

jasonjm

all your base are belong to us

7. C- kid

C- kid

:D

8. jasonjm

jasonjm

seriously though I always thought it was impossible to profit in a "random" market, because the spreads would kill you in the end.

I have kinda looked over the nikkei a few times but never spent more than 20 mins analyzing it.

Wonder if japanese candesticks will work on the nikkei, muhaha

9. Sounds like you had a winning week or month or trading and now this is easy?

The fricken market has so much range and opportunity that it is juicy now but wait til we settle down in Range and you can not cover up your mistakes and lack of discipline.

A BSD does not go around bringing attention or patten him self on his own back.

10. C- kid

C- kid

who do you think you are talking to

Fukc you

you think an intelligent thread talking about greater understanding of why prices move the way they do

can be made by a noob

once again

F YOU

#10     Jul 1, 2008