Japanese Museum Dared Thieves to Steal Massive Gold Block

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by biggerfish, Mar 22, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

"We were very shocked ... but of course this was a big block of gold,
    and there was no security," [an employee] said.
    "I suppose they could have been a little more careful."

Duh!

[​IMG]
    Visitors touch a 100 kilogram (220 pound) gold bullion at
    the Ohashi Collection Kan museum in Takayama, in central
    Japan, in this undated photo. On Sunday, March 18, 2007,
    a group of burglars stole the block of gold worth over US$2
    million (euro1.5 million) from the museum that left the
    showcases wide open because it wanted visitors to be able
    to touch it. (AP Photo/Kyodo News)

Burglars Steal 220-Pound Gold Bar
    AP | March 19, 2007

TOKYO — A group of burglars stole a massive block of gold worth over $2 million from a Japanese museum in a heist that police said could have been prevented if only the curators hadn't left the showcases wide open.

The Ohashi Collection Kan museum in Takayama, in central Japan, kept the 220-pound gold bullion unguarded by sensors or even by a case because it wanted visitors to be able to touch it, local police officer Shinji Kurake said Monday.

On Sunday, three masked men made off with the gold block in broad daylight, Kurake said. A female employee who was alerted by the sound of their footsteps tried to intervene, but was roughly pushed aside.

"We were very shocked ... but of course this was a big block of gold, and there was no security," Kurake said. "I suppose they could have been a little more careful."

Police were still searching for the group, who were thought to be driven away by a fourth accomplice. The Ohashi museum purchased the gold bar in 1994 for 200 million yen, according to its Web site. In today's gold prices, the block would be worth about $2.1 million.

The museum was closed for an "emergency holiday" on Monday and could not be reached.

2. WTF are they gonna do with it?

" Hey Matzasuzi, run down to the store and get more beer...hold on, let me chip off a block for ya"

Gotta believe if you start walking into pawn shops eery day to sell 2 oz of raw gold there may be some suspicion no???

3. ElCubano

ElCubano

they could smelt it and sell it to P.DIDDY and company

4. infooo

infooo

TM direct

you wouldn't know what to do with that much gold

well you don't know much do you

keep on drinking that beer

I couldn't stand the stuff when I was dirt poor

sorry to be so mean, but that was a stupid post
    what to do with so much gold

5. I was being sarcastic you steaming pile of moose shit!

but while we are on it....you don't think every gold buyer and bank will be put on notice if a guy comes in with a huge block of gold?????

6. infooo

infooo

not only am I moose shit, I am apparently steaming too :D :D :D

ok let me explain

gold is actually very soft metal, that can be molded into anything with ease

not only could they make 10 or so bricks on it and stamp it with whichever gold supplier company in the world

which can be risky depending on which supplier you pick

they could also make shitload of rings and crude jewelry

also, around the world dental technician labs buy gold powder like there is no tomorrow

they DON'T ask where its from, they pay and that is it.

this goes to show you that you really don't know what to do with a block of gold

7. Want to bet on how soon they will be caught? BTW...I have to confess....I stole that steaming pile line from another poster in another thread,,,and i don't intend to give it up!:D :D :D

and i have never stole so i do find it hard to believe they are gonna start playing lord of the rings....

8. ElCubano

ElCubano

or in TM's case they can also mold it into a big double donger for him to shove up his a$$....dont be a gator hater TMMMMMMM

9. That's it!!! No Heat game for you!!! I only hate the gators because....Im a GOLDEN DOMER!!!!(no pun intended) ND all the way.

BTW its next month and my magic need to win badly! I'll PM you

10. infooo

infooo

lord of the rings has a new meaning today :)

honestly if I was them, I would return it

BUT

If I didn't return it :), I would use combination of tactics over long time like 5 years

it is a lot of money

#10     Mar 22, 2007