Japanese Candlesticks

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jnhighland, Jul 13, 2005.

Opinion on Japanese Candlesticks

1. I like'em

57 vote(s)
    80.3%
  2. I don't

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. I don't know them

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. =======================

Jnhi;

Hi, i like them, easier, quicker than barcharts ;
    however probably best for rice trading,
    which is where they started them:cool:

#11     Jul 13, 2005
  2. I'm new in the use of Candlesticks and I suspect that comibined with some technical indicators they can be reliable.

Researching past graphs I suspect that combined with Bollinger Bands and a 22-day SMA they can produce a good Trend Following system.

#12     Jul 13, 2005
  3. ====================

Exactly right and dont even need candle charts for that.:cool: ;
    hope this helps.
    :cool:

#13     Jul 13, 2005
  4. I added the Candlesticks to the Bollinger Bands and the 22SMA because I notticed that when a white and long candle closes above the upper BB it produces a more reliable signal than a black candle, an effect bars don't provide. (I think!):confused:

#14     Jul 13, 2005
  5. monaco2

monaco2

I think - whether it is candlesticks or A-Z indicators, I'd categorize them as more of a probability in approaching the trade than a certainty.

#15     Jul 14, 2005
  6. It is said that there is no certainty in anything, even whether you will wake up tomorrow.

But the probability that you'll stil be alive tomorrow is huge.

Just as they said that "there is no free lunch" doesn't mean that you can't try to get a less expensive good meal.

Candlesticks are just like those little odds that can 'force' a better probability for a trader to understand the market in a profitable manner. Why not take hold of yet another edge?

But those are jmho

#16     Jul 15, 2005
  7. 50% of the time, they work everytime.

#17     Jul 15, 2005
  8. nitro

nitro

LOL!

nitro :D

#18     Sep 16, 2005
  9. Rosario

Rosario

I use candlesticks because I find reading charts to be easier and quicker with them, but I won't trade because I see a bullish engulfing pattern, morning star pattern, or any of the others.

At best, for me, the patterns are a very small factor that could help to confirm a possible candidate to trade.

#19     Sep 17, 2005
  10. Pabst

Pabst

The Forbes 400 list is full of guys who made their fortunes from candlesticks. Of course the really great traders only use candlesticks in conjuction with lunar cycles and CCI.:p

#20     Sep 17, 2005