Japanese bull market over

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GlobalFinancier, Jan 18, 2006.

1. liverdoor gone and forgotten;

N C S sgx

#41     Feb 11, 2006
  2. mokwit

mokwit

#42     Feb 11, 2006
  3. serg007

serg007

Although it took more time than I thought, EWJ is now retesting 14,30 (low was at 13,17 in January and at 13,19 in February and March).
    I see high positive correlation between Japanese stock market and gold. The reason is probably that the global inflation pressure now comes from Japan, and gold is pure inflation play.
    That's why I think both Japanese stocks and gold will breakout of their trading ranges, eventually.
    Would be interesting to hear colleagues' thoughts...

#43     Mar 29, 2006
  4. Nikkei closed at 4 1/2 year highs above 17,000 resistence barrier for the past two days.

I too have been watching the close correlations between Japanese market indicators and gold. I feel it has to do with the excess speculative liquidity that exists in the world and is available for investments into things that provide returns. That these two asset classes have taken off is just coincidental really. They were both considered undervalued when the shift in investment psyche was taking place. Money flowed in and they appreciated. Alot of the money is coming from the same community of fund managers, investors and pro traders.

I'm even more bullish on Japanese markets than on gold and the reason is that the average investor in Japan hasn't woken up and increased them investments in their own market. They have alot of money available for investing and their either have it stashed away at 0.3% interest in a postal savings bank account or are buying foreign denominated uradashi savings bonds in currency like New Zealand dollar, Aussie dollar, Brazil Real, South African Rand, and etc. Eventually I see them reading front page articles on the climbing Nikkei and getting excited about the good old bubble days and forgetting their fear of a poor economy.

The Nikkei is ready to climb a bit further and test upwards to 18,500 over next weeks and months. Gold seems to be ranging a little bit further. I feel like the correlation might weakening between them now. It is going to be an interesting week!

#44     Mar 31, 2006
  5. Nikkei is going up up and up!! Whomever called the bull over have you cried uncle yet??

#45     Apr 3, 2006
  6. This was posted a long while ago, I turned NEUTRAL back then. Yup, I was wrong, but I admitted it, got out of it, and am NOT being squeezed into bankruptcy
    Next time before you give in to your ego and starting yelling this or that and walking away with a happy face like a kiddo out of McDonald's, please check to see if your premises actually EXIST. :p

#46     Apr 3, 2006
  7. Hey all in good fun right? No harm intended nor was I really speaking directly to you :D I'm sure there were lots of bears out there! Cheers and good trading!

#47     Apr 3, 2006