Japanese bull market over

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GlobalFinancier, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Ignore the P/E reading in previous message.

Btw, I haven't posted in some time in ET and find the new 10min change policy very problematic. I often came back to correct a typo or rephrase/clear things.

#31     Feb 2, 2006
  2. FWIW, WPE on bloomberg shows the Nikkei PE at 45.55

#32     Feb 2, 2006
  3. You traded on that?
    How about my oil and gold calls...
    (Oil recommended at $59, sold at $66. 10% unleveraged profit.)
    I'm often wrong, so don't just trade on one of my predictions :-I.

#33     Feb 3, 2006
  4. Ha. No, was simply putting a number to your call. You managed to call the low tick of the move, unfortunately. I found this thread a few minutes before posting. Your posts are fascinating.

#34     Feb 3, 2006
  5. Sarcasm at the end?;)
    Ironic I did call the low of the tick :-I. I need to keep working on it;).

#35     Feb 3, 2006
  6. Bloomberg lied. Bloomberg has a lot of bad data. I don't know what the real number is, but Yahoo gives a PE for EWJ of 19.58. Granted, Yahoo isn't the most reliable for data either, and EWJ is not the same as the Nikkei. But, EWJ only has 29 more stocks than the Nikkei and the two pretty much trade in lock-step. 19.58 seems much more reasonable.

#36     Feb 7, 2006
  7. mokwit

mokwit

Morgan Stanley's Roach on Japan

"Investors tell me that Japan is on fire. And on the surface, it certainly seems white hot -- a stock market that is up some 50% since the spring of 2005 and an economy that our Japan team believes surged by at least a 7% annual rate in the final quarter of calendar year 2005. If that Chinese-style growth outcome comes to pass, Japan would instantly qualify as the fastest growing economy in the industrial world -- an extraordinary reawakening for Asia’s long-slumbering giant. The global implications of this development cannot be minimized: Can the world’s second-largest economy lead the way in the rebalancing of a still unbalanced global economy?"

New positioning: "fastest growing economy in the industrial world" i.e this is a GROWTH story now, not a recovery one, and of course that will mean it's no longer a seperate asset class

#37     Feb 10, 2006
  8. Wall St= TOTAL BS.
    A few months back, they were spreading stuff about Chinese Shanghai index going to 700 points, when it was 1000-1100.
    Now it's at 1280. Uh huh F Wall St "experts"

#38     Feb 11, 2006
  9. mokwit

mokwit

Same inventory, just change the packaging.

#39     Feb 11, 2006
  10. jayoo

jayoo

don't care about Live door.
    Tokyo market still bullish.

You know March is the end of fiscal year for most Japaense companies.
    maybe up-and-down for a while.
    However I am sure 2006 is still bullish.

#40     Feb 11, 2006