Japanese bull market over

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GlobalFinancier, Jan 18, 2006.

1. mhashe

mhashe

I took my trades on the Nikkei again on the short side today. The fact that Goldman put out a bulletin last week encouraging customers to buy Nik 225 dip confirmed my short bias. imo Nikkei will move in a ranging consolidation pattern for this year. Needs to find a bottom first.

#21     Jan 23, 2006
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

I expect the Japan bull market to continue and move far beyond the all time high. The new and young generation of Japan investors will through money into the Japan market and drive the valuations to unreasonable highs. It has been a long wait for the Japan move but the move is now on. For me, the Japan funds have been the way to get on board of the Japan market train. That train has pulled out of the station and it will be a few years before that train makes a return trip, but of course it will.

#22     Jan 24, 2006
  3. I think the Japenese market is going up, they are coming out of recession, they have money to spend. Real money, not USD going down!

Yen calls bought on pullback here I come!

#23     Jan 24, 2006
  4. Agreed, if the Japanese can convince each other to pump a little of that high savings ratio back into the economy, the country has the finances to bolster the economy. They have to first stop buying anymore US treasury debt. Whats next Waffles?

#24     Jan 24, 2006
  5. Seems like I was wrong about the Japanese market being bearish. The market scores one against me...
    Anyways, at elitetrader, it seems listening to the majority makes more sense :D... only do contrarian stuff with average joes

#25     Jan 28, 2006
  6. Don't fret Globe, the japs are really like one of their Godzilla Movies. One minute they are calm, then some alien shoots across the screen (you can see the guide wires if you look close) with sparklers on his feet for propulsion, and that's their que to panic again. I'm sure their Market will be down 1000 on the next Tsunami warning. I saw their close, no bell ringing, they count it down on the P.A. 5-4-3-2-1, them some guy comes summersaulting across the stage and hits the GONG.
    ...Rennick out

#26     Jan 28, 2006
  7. Hmmm Japan bull market rages on.
    Hats off to the bulls.
    It's a good thing I'm right more often than wrong so I can still remain profitable LOL.

#27     Feb 2, 2006
  8. Group of 5 Jap Investors>>> :D :D :D :D :D

#28     Feb 2, 2006
  9. Great call -- a loss of $5k per contract on SGX Nikkei.

#29     Feb 2, 2006
  10. Would someone familiar with Japanese market funnymentals write a few things about it?

I read that NIKKEI225's P/E is over 50.

Some arguments in favor of Japanese market imply that there's a lot of cash on the sidelines (in checking accounts etc) and that those funds "have to go somewhere".

I find this argument a bit hard to accept, unless ofcourse Japanese government carries on merrily debasing their currency, -as they have been doing for the last few years- "forcing" the people to exchange their depreciating confetti-yen with anything tangible. That would include stocks to some extend.

#30     Feb 2, 2006