Japanese broker to trade at the TSE

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Daal, Mar 24, 2007.

  1. Daal


    Is there a broker out there accepting non-japenese clients?IB is no good since I'm not american and I have to pay withholding tax on dividends even on foreign stocks
  2. def

    def Sponsor

    that's not true if you complete the correct tax form when you open the account.
  3. Daal


    If filled the w8. Does that mean I wont be taxed?I hold an american ETF that pays dividends and I'm paying a 30% tax
  4. Hi Daal,

    I too have been looking around for an alternative broker as I'm exclusively trading JPY related products at the moment. IB commissions are out of whack on all their ¥ products. def @ IB has been quoted as saying it was on the agenda to be updated, but that was a while ago and I haven't heard anything else on the matter.

    It would also be nice to find some choice as a backup in case the sh!t hits the fan for some unknown reason.

    I noticed FIMAT do offer all of the asian products. I've sent them an email on the weekend and will update what they reply with.

    Best regards,
  5. Fimat is the financial brokerage arm of socgen and is mainly for financial institutions and hedge funds. If you run your own legally setup fund, then yeah get in touch with them. However if you are thinking it compares to IB, you are a bit off. It doesnt do retail.

    I live in Tokyo. It is tough to find any japanese brokers that would deal with you unless you read/speak Japanese or have bank accounts/residency status in this country. There may be some options out there but I dont have any suggestions. Best of luck with your search.
  6. Bugger :(

    Best regards,