Japan Now Ruling The Globe

Discussion in 'Forex' started by gamalruach, Mar 9, 2004.

1. First of all, this thread was about Japan controlling the forex trade.

Secondly, even if they could, they would be sending the dollar up, not the Yen.

Finally, trade-ya1's post is comparing a stock with a relatively small fixed float, to virtually unlimited pool of currency out there. Also his figures should be more like a daily trade going from 50mil to 51 mil. The most any country can do with intervention, is keep markets at bay for a small amount of time as traders are afraid of getting burned at this level. Thats it. They can't move a market from point A to B (would take trillions), and as soon as any meaningful fundamental changes, those levels would disappear in a millisecond.

Jay

#21     Mar 10, 2004
  2. This quote makes perfect sense on the first point. The Yen may rise due to news.
    It makes ZERO sense on the second point. Japan wants the Yen to Fall.

Please, all of you that think Japan is controlling currencies, remember, they want a weak Yen, much weaker in fact.

#22     Mar 10, 2004
  3. Don't get upset, Jay... it's just forex trading.

#23     Mar 10, 2004
  4. "This is my last post on this subject. I'm not even reading this thread anymore its so silly."

Jay

*YAWN*

Don't get upset, Jay... it's just the yen.

Sam

#24     Mar 10, 2004
  5. "They can't move a market from point A to B (would take trillions), and as soon as any meaningful fundamental changes, those levels would disappear in a millisecond."

Yes, but can you be SURE of that??

Btw, "trillions" is exactly what the BOJ has.

Sam

#25     Mar 10, 2004
  6. But they can't get it, because that would be a "brutal currency move" which is against global currency regulatory policy - they are prohibited.

For all who read this, I suggest taking out short term (2 to 10+ pip) scalp trades on anything above 110.80 to 110.90 from here out. It might even work as low as 110.75 - just reduce your trade size - I have been doing it and been making nothing but money trade after trade.

We are IN a downward USD/YEN trend overall now.

Nothing big size wise though - I been scalping with 30K to 60K that is because my overall build up has been greatly reduced to just 40K so I can handle anything drawdown-wise short term.

If a big spike happens (over 40 points) you may want to increase the size amount.

This suggestion is only thru to the US retail numbers headline pop comes out tomorrow.

On OANDA I am only 3 pips wide so I can do this. Not sure about other brokers. And with OANDA I hit right on the point.

Sam

#26     Mar 10, 2004
  7. I absolutely agree.

Japan doesn't want this though, so they obviously are not controlling the market.

Jay

#27     Mar 10, 2004
  8. No, we ARE in an overall downward spin now - THEY are holding it up!

THEY are preventing it.

THEY are controling the forex market so USD/JPY doesn't TANK!

Getting the picture now?

The right price for USD/JPY is a buck! They are keeping it 1000 points above where it SHOULD be.

Say that is not controling prices.

#28     Mar 10, 2004
  9. Sure, I get it.

Lets see what happens.

The yen was quite overbought though, so its going to take a bit to shake out imho.

Jay

#29     Mar 10, 2004
  10. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

IMHO, i belive the Asian Tigers are going to be the next are of the most growth in the next decade. I belive that Asia, will have a serious bull market if not a few this decade.

IMHO, America is not going to lead the financial markets, nor is it going to lead in production of goods.

I belive the Asian markets are going to exploded while the US markets fall back to lower levels and chopp for a decade or two.

#30     Mar 10, 2004