Japan Now Ruling Currency Prices

Discussion in 'Forex' started by gamalruach, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Robert Rennie said it. Tell him.

"The aggressive intervention we have seen by Japan and the volatility in dollar-yen has now spilled over to other currency pairs and it's driving everything,'' said Rebecca Patterson, global currency strategist at J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. in New York.

Rebecca said it too. Tell her.

Sam

#11     Mar 10, 2004
  2. Its causing them all to get volitile< its not controlling their levels>

these currencies are all working great on my charts and trading from overbot levels as well treding in nice channels>

If Japan could control levels the yen would be at about a third lower than it is today>

jay

#12     Mar 10, 2004
  3. A third lower?

No, because that would seen as them causing a "brutal currency move" that they are prohibited from doing according to G-7, G-10 and G-20 global currency policy that they helped to establish.

Who knows what you are trying to prove here by dissing me and posting against everything I post - at this point it's clear you are making yourself a pest.

You have said nothing precise that would propitiate any valid point.

Maybe you are trying to suck me into a firefight, well, I don't engage in them anymore because all it does is send the opposite side running and whining to the admin here who can do little more than turn off my posting ability - so it's not worth my creaming the abject idiots who lurk around these boards.

Suggestion: go back to your original theme of not posting on my posts anymore.

"This is my last post on this subject. I'm not even reading this thread anymore its so silly."

"Jay"

Don't keep flipflopping like a pancake by your getting confused between technicals and fundamentals, facts and opinions.

Sam

#13     Mar 10, 2004
  4. trade-ya1: You ALSO have a huge long yen position??? LMAO! We're on the same side!

Why do you think it is a winner?

So tell me, how many units do you have, what is your average price and what is your TP?

I think that one of the reasons (besides Japan global currency price fixing) we are not cleaning up on this mess already is because market sentiment has shifted to pro-USD again. Now it is waiting for US retail numbers to come out tomorrow (Thursday) so they can prolong having to face their huge losses hoping and wishing that a single retail numbers headline will save them.

LOL,

Sam

#14     Mar 10, 2004
  5. Yes, and the last time they met they all (including BOJ) agreed upon "NO BRUTAL CURRENCY MOVES!"

And, the current Japanese price manipulation of the yen is EXACTLY that! That is why the BOJ can no longer weaken the yen - they are prohibited. Therefore the dollar WILL (read should, could, would) slide back down against the yen to 105 or lower.

Good point!

As trade-ya1 points out, this IS a "winner" trade (shorting USD/JPY) - it is just a matter of time. When I originally put this trade on my time frame to TP was a month to two months.

It has been something like 3 weeks now - it just started reversing on Monday and has given up close to 200 points (of the 700 points spike up). I have just been getting impatient.

I have to do some dishes now - all this trading has made me a slob.

Sam

#15     Mar 10, 2004
  6. You are reading what you want to read into it, Jayford. They are not saying that. They are indicating that Japan is controlling all currencies and ruling the world now.

Geesh! WHEN are you gunna get your global conspiracy theories in proper perspective??

Personally, I am beginning to think that this is all set up on a global corporate kickback system.

:D

Sam

#16     Mar 10, 2004
  7. I give up.

#17     Mar 10, 2004
  8. Cutten

Cutten

Solution - back month call options

#18     Mar 12, 2004
  9. what do the charts say?
    -m.o.

#19     Mar 13, 2004
  10. GamalRuach,

A letter 'from a friend', eh?

:D

Here's my opinion about usd/jpy...

Despite recent heavy intervention in usd/jpy, the result is far from what I expected. Hey, we're still below 115.00 here!

Anybody around here who remember the way back then when the BoJ heavily intervened around 120.00? In the end it ain't going up, instead, it plunged to 102.00.

Successful intervention?

However, this time around it's not the same thing. Way back then, the U.S. administration didn't want the buck to be weak. Now, they want the buck to be weak, especially against Asian currencies.

Solo intervention won't succeed. I prefer to stay out of usd/jpy, because it's manipulated.

Holding on short usd/jpy is not good. Holding on long usd/jpy is not good either. Staying away from it is a better choice.

In time, the yen will regain the lost power. Maybe it's book-closing month, so that the yen is deliberately weakened to create a more profitable financial positions for Japanese companies.

We'll see who's going to win a fight.

Sam, just because someone says something, he/she is right. Rennie's opinion may be right, but also may be wrong.

Cheers!

#20     Mar 14, 2004